what's wrong with our club

Dr Gloom

My major concern about Fat Fred not acting right now is that it isn't only because he is anxious about the money but also that he is unwilling to accept that he made a string of terrible decisions. He probably really thinks that he can still be proven right by sticking with the tosser.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My major concern about Fat Fred not acting right now is that it isn't only because he is anxious about the money but also that he is unwilling to accept that he made a string of terrible decisions. He probably really thinks that he can still be proven right by sticking with the tosser.

84245[/snapback]

I don't think he does. However, my interpretation of matters is even more grim (for a change :huh:), I think he's paralysed with fear because he knows were fucked financially. He is going to want a buyer to get him out of this mess I reckon.

84245[/snapback]

I don't think he does. However, my interpretation of matters is even more grim (for a change :o), I think he's paralysed with fear because he knows were fucked financially. He is going to want a buyer to get him out of this mess I reckon.

84254[/snapback]

Paralysed with fear. :huh: I can just see him sat at the head of the board table with Douglas Hall snapping his fingers in front of his face, and waving his hands past his eyes, as Freddy sits rigid with a thousand-yard stare. You are the KING of melodrama, Renton. :search:

84245[/snapback]

I don't think he does. However, my interpretation of matters is even more grim (for a change :o), I think he's paralysed with fear because he knows were fucked financially. He is going to want a buyer to get him out of this mess I reckon.

84254[/snapback]

Paralysed with fear. :huh: I can just see him sat at the head of the board table with Douglas Hall snapping his fingers in front of his face, and waving his hands past his eyes, as Freddy sits rigid with a thousand-yard stare. You are the KING of melodrama, Renton. :search:

84259[/snapback]

A bit melodramatically put maybe, but what I meant was he doesn't know what to do and can't act through indecision. A rabbit staring at an approaching car's headlights strikes me as a fair metaphor. :angry:

84245[/snapback]

84254[/snapback]

84259[/snapback]

A bit melodramatically put maybe, but what I meant was he doesn't know what to do and can't act through indecision. A rabbit staring at an approaching car's headlights strikes me as a fair metaphor. :angry:

84268[/snapback]

Unfortunately as with everything else Gemmill took it literally. Pure Aspergers syndrome.

84245[/snapback]

84254[/snapback]

84259[/snapback]

84268[/snapback]

Unfortunately as with everything else Gemmill took it literally. Pure Aspergers syndrome.

84270[/snapback]

Common in accountants apparently.

84245[/snapback]

84254[/snapback]

84259[/snapback]

84268[/snapback]

84270[/snapback]

84272[/snapback]

They dont call him "Ginger Rain Man" for nowt.

So many questions and very few answers I'm afraid. But look on the bright side, at least the Steelers are in the Super Bowl.

84143[/snapback]

Yes the Steelers made it. The interesting thing about that is that they kept the same coach for 15 years despite them being awful for large periods of that time.

The club owner believes in stability.........

Newcastle United, 5 coaches in 10 years. :huh:

84245[/snapback]

84254[/snapback]

84259[/snapback]

84268[/snapback]

84270[/snapback]

84272[/snapback]

84274[/snapback]

They don't call me it AT ALL, mongboy!

So many questions and very few answers I'm afraid. But look on the bright side, at least the Steelers are in the Super Bowl.

84143[/snapback]

Yes the Steelers made it. The interesting thing about that is that they kept the same coach for 15 years despite them being awful for large periods of that time.

The club owner believes in stability.........

Newcastle United, 5 coaches in 10 years. :huh:

84280[/snapback]

Right, so you still want to keep Souness then do you. Stability is a good thing only if the set up is right to begin with, but this seems to be a concept you have difficulty in understanding.

84245[/snapback]

84254[/snapback]

84259[/snapback]

84268[/snapback]

84270[/snapback]

84272[/snapback]

84274[/snapback]

They don't call me it AT ALL, mongboy!

84287[/snapback]

Not when Jeopardy's on anyway.

Shepherd partly for appointing that idiot and sacking SBR at the wrong time (although can't argue with the funds he gives out)

Souness for being just an idiot

Douglas Hall for being the parasite waste of manfat that he is

84139[/snapback]

Things are 20 times better than they were before Shepherd and the Halls mate. Before 1992 Jim Smith was our 8th EIGHTH choice of manager in 1988, even fuckwits such as Souness wouldn't have looked at us, all we were was a stepping stone for managers AND players, even Geordies.

84151[/snapback]

Exactly - a club that had Gascoigne, Beardsley, etc etc and STILL couldn't hold on to people or win owt....................................

020001024806.jpg

Gemmill and me outside the Trent. Man Utd game.

84296[/snapback]

"Course, Charlie Babbit broke the pool table. Broke the pool table. Charlie Babbit. I need clean underwear."

84297[/snapback]

:huh:

Shepherd partly for appointing that idiot and sacking SBR at the wrong time (although can't argue with the funds he gives out)

84139[/snapback]

Things are 20 times better than they were before Shepherd and the Halls mate. Before 1992 Jim Smith was our 8th EIGHTH choice of manager in 1988, even fuckwits such as Souness wouldn't have looked at us, all we were was a stepping stone for managers AND players, even Geordies.

84151[/snapback]

Exactly - a club that had Gascoigne, Beardsley, etc etc and STILL couldn't hold on to people or win owt....................................

84295[/snapback]

......Chris Waddle, Tony Cunningham....

:huh:

84139[/snapback]

84151[/snapback]

That my friend is very true, but as i only started supporting the Toon since Ossie was in charge as i was only bout 7 at the time i can't really state that, but when you look back it's clearly alot better with the club nearly going bust n such and it must have been shocking having to see the likes of Pedro, Waddle, Gazza all going onto pastures new

84194[/snapback]

that is true mate, and if you look at that and around at other chairman at other clubs we could do a lot lot worse than Shepherd in spite of his faults, for a start not many people would be prepared to put up the amount of money it would take to buy out Shepherd without wanting a say in the club and they couldn't do better regarding backing managers with cash, an area where Shepherd has excelled in.

He has only appointed one manager that supporters generally weren't happy with, and even then some backed him as we have seen on this message board.

I place the blame firmly at the feet of our embarrassing chairman, 2 major decisions I think that totally sent us in the wrong direction. First one being a few season's ago when Robson was in charge and all he was allowed to bring in over the summer was Lee Bowyer on a free when we were in a strong position to challenge for trophies and keep the momentum going from the previous season, we've been in decline ever since.

Second decision was sacking Robson and in turn bringing in Souness. This speaks for itself as we fall ever closer to the bottom three, don't think we'll ever get there but Fat Fred is on drugs if he thinks there's even the remotest chance of getting a European place!

84233[/snapback]

but we bought Woodgate, correct ?

Unless you think we should have waited until the summer instead of January, if so, why ?

And after the hefty expenditure of previous years [the figures are available] maybe we had reached a point like now ie we simply had to balance the books slightly ?

84139[/snapback]

84151[/snapback]

That my friend is very true, but as i only started supporting the Toon since Ossie was in charge as i was only bout 7 at the time i can't really state that, but when you look back it's clearly alot better with the club nearly going bust n such and it must have been shocking having to see the likes of Pedro, Waddle, Gazza all going onto pastures new

84194[/snapback]

that is true mate, and if you look at that and around at other chairman at other clubs we could do a lot lot worse than Shepherd in spite of his faults, for a start not many people would be prepared to put up the amount of money it would take to buy out Shepherd without wanting a say in the club and they couldn't do better regarding backing managers with cash, an area where Shepherd has excelled in.

He has only appointed one manager that supporters generally weren't happy with, and even then some backed him as we have seen on this message board.

84304[/snapback]

:huh: .....couldnt resist!

Basically the cash should have been made available whoever was in charge cos it's been there to dole out. Some Chairmen might not have but that doesnt make FF God Almighty for having actually done it.

Re everything else, he's a PR disaster who brings the club into disrepute and brings standards down generally. He makes us look like a laughing stock with his soundbites and undermines the managers that he does bring in in the process. He's weak in all the areas where you need a chairman to be strong.