PRE-SEASON

Anorthernsoul

Mitro almost looks half hearted at times. Maybe his fitness isn't quite there yet.

Great goal by Ritchie and at least Mitro scored, even if it looked messy. You still have to be in the place to get it and score it and a goal is a goal, regardless.

A 1-4 scoreline isn't a bad result for pre-season. As a prediction of course. 

4 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Mitro almost looks half hearted at times. Maybe his fitness isn't quite there yet.

Against a better keeper he wouldn't have scored, it looked lazy and lucky in equal measures.

Great ball from Manquillo who's looked decent going forward a few times now.  Including the build up to the Ritchie freekick.

Good result and workout.

Naturally there's a bit of  rustiness but overall the squad seem to be doing fairly well.

Atsu looked decent and Jacob Murphy looks a very good buy.

A few things to work on at the back and possibly a decent striker to come in for about 25 million or so, unless Mitrovic finds his feet very quickly.

Overall I'd say we will hold our own in the premier league this season and stay clear of any relegation issues.

A top 10 place would be a massive bonus and anything higher would be miraculous.

Just thinking out loud.

Decent kickabout but these seemed some degree worse than Mainz. Still, all the new lads show promise, we look a lot sharper in this pre-season than we have in any pre-Rafa and we have some pace back in the side. Definitely need a striker like but we've got enough about us to trouble sides atm, I reckon.

Stupid yellow for Mitrovic, I was hoping he'd matured a lot, but there's still that nonsense to his game. Other than that he was decent in the first half.

When Shelvey gets on the ball he's just got terrific vision, some of the balls were just perfect (Atsu's opportunity looked onside for me).

Perez looked lightweight and lacking technique.

Hayden was decent and Lejeune had another canny game. 

Manquillo was very good, and the pass that lead to Atsu's goal was fucking geet lush.

Merino is solid and has nice technical ability too.

Nice win but; didn't see the first half but thought the second half was frightening to think is this the best we can do. Wolfsburg played much better football but lacked the finishing touch.

Diame should be in the shop window with a red tag sale price.

Spurs are just around the corner and I'd like to have some idea as to what our starting line-up will be.

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Nice win but; didn't see the first half but thought the second half was frightening to think is this the best we can do. Wolfsburg played much better football but lacked the finishing touch.

Diame should be in the shop window with a red tag sale price.

Spurs are just around the corner and I'd like to have some idea as to what our starting line-up will be.

Covered everywhere but up front and #10.  Too much pressure on the Merino kid to come good if Shelvey gets injured.  And the less said about LB the better...

Agree about Diamé too; I think we've seen enough pre-season at this point to say I'd rather see Colback's name on the team sheet than his.

15 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Stupid yellow for Mitrovic, I was hoping he'd matured a lot, but there's still that nonsense to his game. Other than that he was decent in the first half.

He's probably been told by Rafa that he has to improve as a goal scorer.  Could see him getting more and more frustrated during preseason.

That may have been his last game in a Newcastle shirt.

12 minutes ago, adios said:

Covered everywhere but up front and #10.  Too much pressure on the Merino kid to come good if Shelvey gets injured.  And the less said about LB the better...

Agree about Diamé too; I think we've seen enough pre-season at this point to say I'd rather see Colback's name on the team sheet than his.

he wasn't that bad was he? :lol: