Jacob Murphy

Park Life

• 3 weeks later...

He’s swiftly turning into my favourite player. I’m absolutely made up for him. If he can add goals to his game there’s no reason he can’t be part of the squad for the next couple of years. He’s got a long contract on Ashley wages, he’s a boyhood fan of the club and he’s clearly living his best life so why would he leave? 

His effort has never been an issue. I had my doubts about his finishing and quality on the ball but he’s in the team on merit. Miggy is going to have to wait a little longer to get back in the side as we could be looking at another Eddie Howe masterclass in Improving players.  

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Its amazing what a bit of confidence with some instructions in a well drilled strategic can do for a player. 

Im not sure we can even write Manquillo off at the moment.

he looked alright when he came on yesterday!

who needs saudi billions when you've got the king of coaching? have we ever had a manager better at improving players we previously had written off? i still can't get over the joelinton transformation -  he was immense yesterday, but then he always is so it's no longer a surprise. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

who needs saudi billions when you've got the king of coaching? have we ever had a manager better at improving players we previously had written off? i still can't get over the joelinton transformation -  he was immense yesterday, but then he always is so it's no longer a surprise. 

Hard to think of a player that he hasn't improved. Even the players who perhaps aren't as relied upon/vital have had their overall game improved by Howe. Saint Maximin has added better decision making and more defensive awareness/application to his game. 

Murphy's pressing and intelligence is great and while it's nice to see him add goals to his game, it's the hard work that'll have him keep his place.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye Howe and team is far and away the best coaching setup we've ever had. He's the ultimate professional.

And rightly expects (and gets) the same from his players. 👍 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I was trying to think who is the most improved player under Howe. So much choice. Almiron, Joelinton, Willock, Murphy, Longstaff, Schar even. For me though Joelinton is the epitome. I could always see something in the other players, but Joelinton was a fucking 40 million quid cart horse. His transformation has been nothing short or miraculous. I fucking love watching the two targaryens ping it to each other in midfield and he is fast becoming my favourite player. And the fact we had all these players on the books and Howe transformed them... he's saved us hundreds of millions. 

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he looked alright when he came on yesterday!

Couldn’t have had an easier game to come on tbf :lol: The fact he’s getting on at all probably means Howe likes him a bit. Earlier in the season, Trippier was playing the full 90 no matter what

the other thing to say about murphy is he's played in every PL game this season. so all the twats banging on about the money we've spent can get to fuck. what was he - £9m signing from norwich who spent a couple of recent seasons away on loan in the championship? 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I was trying to think who is the most improved player under Howe. So much choice. Almiron, Joelinton, Willock, Murphy, Longstaff, Schar even. For me though Joelinton is the epitome. I could always see something in the other players, but Joelinton was a fucking 40 million quid cart horse. His transformation has been nothing short or miraculous. I fucking love watching the two targaryens ping it to each other in midfield and he is fast becoming my favourite player. And the fact we had all these players on the books and Howe transformed them... he's saved us hundreds of millions. 

That's a really good point, to be fair. Say the new owners had taken the scorched earth approach and we'd sold/dumped the likes of Joelinton, Murphy, Longstaff, Schar. How much would we have got for them in total? £15-20m? How much would it have cost to buy a combative, box-to-box midfielder of Joelinton's current standard? Caicedo's valued at £70m+, Longstaff current standard? Another £20m+? A ball playing centre back with Schar's passing range? No idea.

It also means when it comes to moving on those players they'll be going for significantly more, plus the premium that was previously enjoyed by the likes of ex-Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool players. 

I'm not getting ahead of myself, but if Howe wins a trophy or two, we'll be talking about him in the same breath as Harvey, Keegan and Robson.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I think Smith or the commentator raved about joelinton and put it down to the great coaching he's had which was almost a eureka moment if they had've realised what went before that great coaching, who was responsible and how much they praised the person responsible for the non-existent coaching. So Smith or the commentator, close but no cigar. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

the other thing to say about murphy is he's played in every PL game this season. so all the twats banging on about the money we've spent can get to fuck. what was he - £9m signing from norwich who spent a couple of recent seasons away on loan in the championship? 

I think Longstaff has been involved in every match in all competitions too. 

25 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Longstaff has been involved in every match in all competitions too. 

another big money saudi signing. how can we expect your liverpools, chelseas and tottenhams to compete? the game's gone 

image.png.d23d6ed4de49283199e577f29364469a.png

• Haha 9