Jacob Murphy

Park Life

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I'm voting for Murphy for player of the season if such a vote exists.

His fucking face when he scored the third is one of my favourite ever football moments

image.thumb.png.ae30eb0924780df10367eb87ee2991a2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

He's living his best life right now, isn't he? I don't think anyone expected him to make the bench after the takeover and here he is featuring in every league game and now getting some goals as well. You can see it on his face, every goal we score, every win we get. He must know his time here is limited, so he's just fucking enjoying himself. He's a Geordie boy, taking the piss. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He's living his best life right now, isn't he? I don't think anyone expected him to make the bench after the takeover and here he is featuring in every league game and now getting some goals as well. You can see it on his face, every goal we score, every win we get. He must know his time here is limited, so he's just fucking enjoying himself. He's a Geordie boy, taking the piss. 

contracted till 2026 on ashley-era wages, rated by howe, happy to be a squad player. he may be around longer than you'd think. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

contracted till 2026 on ashley-era wages, rated by howe, happy to be a squad player. he may be around longer than you'd think. 

I dunno mate. He'll be attractive to other teams now, low(er) wages, proven at this level now, good pro and all that. Certainly more attractive than he was 12 months ago.

Murphy’s face after the goal was something else but his Oliver Hardy face to the Sky cameras when Marco Silva (I think) was losing his rag at the ref at full time was up there as well.

FEC06F6D-4E31-47C8-9EAF-D9BAE7144338.jpeg

With that level of camera work, the sitcom work will pile in once he’s retired

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Haha 6

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had him down as a complete flop, couldn't make a good decision and generally had no faith in him. 

He's completely changed my opinion of him in 12 months. It's testament to the coaching but more so it's full credit to him for backing himself, digging in against the criticism and working hard. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I had him down as a complete flop, couldn't make a good decision and generally had no faith in him. 

He's completely changed my opinion of him in 12 months. It's testament to the coaching but more so it's full credit to him for backing himself, digging in against the criticism and working hard. 

I think a lot of people had written him off. 

He's mint. All smiles even when he thought the goal was ruled out, and then off on a full celebration when it was confirmed.

Having the time of his life, clearly dead bright, and has his head screwed on.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

He's mint. All smiles even when he thought the goal was ruled out, and then off on a full celebration when it was confirmed.

One of my mates' mum knows Murphy's mum. Goes to the same church or something :lol:

She gives out tickets to the game from time to time, sounds like, dare I say it, a really good family.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

His character and associated joy and shithousery brings a new element to the side, much like BDB's fortitude, grit and desire, Sven's steely demeanour, Kieran's universally respected leadship, Joelinton's passion and aggression, Isak's icy cool.... I could go on. He's got to be a great player for the squad, you know he's not getting upset or making bad challenges in training, but rather is bringing the team more together. The fact that he's also capable of top quality finishes and passing means he can have a very real impact. He's 28 but has had a pretty easy run of games over the last few seasons in that a lot of his games are as a substitute. He has another three years to run on his contract and I can see him continuing to improve his onfield vision and decision making over this period thereby maintaining his status as a very valuable member of the squad especially when we have a busy European schedule.

• Like 6