Javier Manquillo

11 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

We could've done a lot better, can't lie. Rafa's record with fullbacks has been pants so far, this guy looks like a nailed-on plum. Let's hope I'm wrong. 

Hoping he's more Daryl Murphy than Lazaar.

Welp, he's only 23 so that's good. And according to transfermarket his primary position is as a right back but he can play left back as well.

So all that chatter about what little playing time he got at Liverpool and Marseilles implying that he's complete crap means nothing to me now since he was only 19/20 at the time.   Let's hope he can do a job when called upon.

Not the most exciting signing, but it doesn't matter too much if we end up with the other players we need. There are always some filler signings in every window to bolster the squad. We've lost some defensive cover at right back now Anita has gone so this new Spanish kid is probably in as back up for yedlin. Fair dos

56 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

He played 43 times for Marseilles actually.

It's the fact that the mackems preferred Billy Jones to him that more concerning. 

Apparently that was down to having to pay for him if he played more games.

“From the first moment that Rafa Benitez called me, I just knew that I had to come here.

“I aim to do as well as I can and I’m very happy with the challenge ahead.

“The fact that some of the staff and players are Spanish speakers is helping me to settle and communicate better.

“I think Rafa Benitez is going to take this club to where it belongs to be.

“All I can say is that I have come here to work hard and give everything, on and off the pitch.

“The fact that I can play in different positions has helped me to play more, I just want to play whether it is left, right or whatever.

“The fact I already know the Premier League is going to help me adapt more quickly.

“I already know the city I was living near the city centre, so I’ll have no problems adapting quickly.

“I went from Real Madrid to Atletico – I was very young. I played for Sunderland but now I’ve got the opportunity to join this big club, the biggest in the north east.”

The unwashed fail to realise he's been signed as back up and will not be playing much :icon_lol:

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The unwashed fail to realise he's been signed as back up and will not be playing much :icon_lol:

He's a fair shot of being first choice LB as things stand.

RTG is using the "And a bet the mags'll lap it up"

Whereas we're mostly laughing at how much it's bothering them.