Watches

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This one or a fitbit Blaze in a smilar strap is what i tend to wear         something like this laying around somewhere which i never wear  

@Ant Like that Fossil.

watch wanker tbh  

Posted Images

I don't really wear watches but I have a Longines that I was gifted from work. Which I don't wear because watches are uncomfortable. It comes out for the quarterly board meeting but that's it :D

watch-la-grande-classique-de-longines-l4

Edited by Rayvin
23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I don't really wear watches but I have a Longines that I was gifted from work. Which I don't wear because watches are uncomfortable. It comes out for the quarterly board meeting but that's it :D

watch-la-grande-classique-de-longines-l4

You were gifted a fucking Longines at work?:o

The most I've been gifted here is a..... Actually nothing, ever. 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We had a good year - although to be honest, I think it was part of a strategy to emotionally compromise me into not asking for more money :lol:

it would have made for a decent christmas bonus if you'd flogged it. 

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

it would have made for a decent christmas bonus if you'd flogged it. 

At the risk of revealing my ignorance, I don't really know if it's worth very much. Plus I do need to wear it for board meetings...

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We had a good year - although to be honest, I think it was part of a strategy to emotionally compromise me into not asking for more money :lol:

Actually, we were the only large teaching trust to receive an outstanding from the CQC and we're given an extra days a/l as a result. Probably cheaper for the trust than sending out 16000 Longines watches I imagine. Also we get free institutionalised Christmas dinner. The public sector rocks. 

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: why? what would happen if you turned up to a board meeting with a bare wrist?

i think they can cost anywhere between £600 and a couple of grand. 

So, because it was a 'gift', they notice it and compliment me on my 'taste in watches'. :lol: Our board meeting humour really is that bad.

I'm sure it's not over a grand though.

Edited by Rayvin
3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Actually, we were the only large teaching trust to receive an outstanding from the CQC and we're given an extra days a/l as a result. Probably cheaper for the trust than sending out 16000 Longines watches I imagine. Also we get free institutionalised Christmas dinner. The public sector rocks. 

:lol:

It's nice to be rewarded in some manner of another for good performance. Public sector does seem to have a lot of perks - and pensions that might actually be worthwhile...

Ah so you think the 'story' is ridiculous. I agree tbf, but there it is. You want me to post a picture with today's newspaper or something? :D 

I want to stress that I knew nothing about this watch or its value (or lack thereof). Moreover, I didn't buy it, so it's hardly any form of statement with respect of my wealth. I don't even own a house man :lol:

I've got a Raymond Weil watch that I can't find a picture of.  I got it as an engagement present from the ex.  Probably the only thing of any value I got to keep when we split.

I've got a plaster on at the minute so I can't wear it on my left wrist and it feels weird as fuck on my right so I'm having to go without.