Watches

Park Life

4 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Parky it's pre-Tag, when they were just Heuer from around 1968, also a manual wind.

When I bought it 15 years ago it only cost about a grand but over the years its cost that much again in servicing and restoration, I only got it back about 6 months ago after it had spent a year with an old watchmaker restoring it.

Autavia's weren't that common, compared to a Monaco or Carerra and getting parts for it are near impossible.

Wow! Proper connoisseur story. Love it. Been looking for a nice vintage watch last couple of months.

5 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Wow! Proper connoisseur story. Love it. Been looking for a nice vintage watch last couple of months.

If you're open to suggestions I'd recommend either a 50's or 60's Omega (the Dynamic I have is also from around '67/68), good watches and parts are still readily available; alternatively military watches are great value and you can get some amazing watches like Jaeger LeCoultre for a fraction of what their other models cost; or look at a good vintage Tudor, which are Rolex movements and cost way less.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sammynb said:

If you're open to suggestions I'd recommend either a 50's or 60's Omega (the Dynamic I have is also from around '67/68), good watches and parts are still readily available; alternatively military watches are great value and you can get some amazing watches like Jaeger LeCoultre for a fraction of what their other models cost; or look at a good vintage Tudor, which are Rolex movements and cost way less.

Which Dynamic do you have? I quite like the look of this. Btw a mate of mine sent his Brietling back due to the 'radiation' from the night glow numbering. :spit:

mSaQDMB2ry0hhyOdsjl3PTg.jpg

Edited by Park Life

11 minutes ago, Park Life said:

Which Dynamic do you have? I quite like the look of this. Btw a mate of mine sent his Brietling back due to the 'radiation' from the night glow numbering. :spit:

mSaQDMB2ry0hhyOdsjl3PTg.jpg

That's a classic, Brietlings are way to over the top without 'radiation'.

My Dynamic is identical to that picture, steel band, white blue white face, only difference is the days are in Suisse not English.

Mrs Nb has a ladies version with the face in reverse, blue white blue, and no day date, which is nice albeit a manual wind.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Genuinely thought this kind of thing was reserved for bland businessmen who go sailing.

No that's country music :razz:

Unfortunately watches are a bit like cars if you have a mechanical interest.

18 minutes ago, Alex said:

Especially seeing as it looks like a Casio

Says the man with the price of a second hand car on his wrist :lol:

And I refuse to accept grief in this thread when Ant is wearing a fossil leather emo bracelet on his wrist 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I don't even own a house man :lol:

I believe owning house men is quite frowned upon these days. 

Edited by adios

I've got a Rolex Datejust which I was given as a gift (I wouldn't spend my own money on one). It keeps terrible time and I have to wind it up if I take it off for more that 48 hours. I'd be better off with a Casio, to be quite honest.

Considering selling it and buying a Panerai or an IWC.

19 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Related image

Don't wear it much unless I'm going out and even then probably less than half the time. Still like it though.

The face looks a bit too busy for me. Meant to be good watches mind.