Mikel Merino

The Mighty Hog

Just posted this in the other thread - he apparently is a 21 year old midfielder who started 7 games last season for Dortmund by who is seen as a good partner for shelvey. I'm all for getting in talented youngsters but it's a little concerning that we aren't really signing any experienced players as well. 

Bizarrely this gives me faith. There were no hints of this transfer before today. So hopefully there'll be other transfers happening away from the glare of the media.

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just posted this in the other thread - he apparently is a 21 year old midfielder who started 7 games last season for Dortmund by who is seen as a good partner for shelvey. I'm all for getting in talented youngsters but it's a little concerning that we aren't really signing any experienced players as well. 

This kid cost €5mil last year apparently so I'd imagine we are paying a similar fee. The fees and wages for the likes of Delph are putting off everyone bar Everton and West Ham

Apparently Rafa personally recommended we get him, so that at least is encouraging. I just hope he is backed to get some of his more experienced picks too.

Never seen him play but looks like he's had 2 full seasons in the Spanish 2nd division, so at least he's got a decent amount of games under his belt. He also seems a canny size at 6'2" so might be a presence. 

It sounds like Dortmund only wanted this to be a loan but were eventually persuaded to sell him, that's another sign he might be canny imo. Fingers crossed. 

20 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Apparently Rafa personally recommended we get him, so that at least is encouraging. I just hope he is backed to get some of his more experienced picks too.

This.  It would be great to sign promising young players if we had a first team already, but I can't see that we have at the moment.

Before I clicked the link I was expecting pictures of his lass.

Little disappointed to tell the truth. Got to throw away this moist toilette now.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Before I clicked the link I was expecting pictures of his lass.

Little disappointed to tell the truth. Got to throw away this moist toilette now.

I thought it was about Chic

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Has this guy actually been confirmed/announced as our player yet?

Nah but he's been "spotted" doing his medical hasn't he?