Mikel Merino

The Mighty Hog

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Risky as if he's mint here there's a danger he might get promised first team/champions league football at Dortmund.

If he's mint he'll play and we'll be obligated to buy him at a previously agreed price, surely?

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not if the player doesn't want the move I wouldn't have thought.

If he's played, and is mint, he's enjoying his football. I reckon we could convince him to stick around.

Dortmund site calls it a "binding purchase option" contingent on him featuring "in a certain number of competitive matches", fwiw. No idea if the player's own wishes could torpedo that.

The option to buy is 7.5 million euros apparently, if he's good enough to play the 20 or whatever games it'll take to trigger that then he'll be good value.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Alright Mr Happy Sunshine Guy

I've been having trouble with Mr Happy lately.  I think I should go see a doctor, but I am to embarrassed to do so.  Or it could be the lack of handsome women Ive been meeting. :(

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

:D Just don't see what they've got to gain from the deal. It's a nothing fee to them surely

Better to send him out on loan where he'll play and be sold for a previously agreed moderate fee, than pay his wages, see him barely feature and potentially see his price drop significantly.

I wonder what his contract situation was.

One thing I definitely believe he'll give us will be a bit more tactical nous in that position. It's no coincidence when we've signed him based on some of Rafa's comments about people applauding midfielders in that position (erm Colback) for doing loads of running based on his match stats, but in his belief when you're in that position you shouldn't be wasting your energy as to him that means you're out of position a lot, which has a knock on effect on everybody else.

On 29/07/2017 at 8:25 PM, Tooj said:

One thing I definitely believe he'll give us will be a bit more tactical nous in that position. It's no coincidence when we've signed him based on some of Rafa's comments about people applauding midfielders in that position (erm Colback) for doing loads of running based on his match stats, but in his belief when you're in that position you shouldn't be wasting your energy as to him that means you're out of position a lot, which has a knock on effect on everybody else.

Someone has been applauding Colback?!!

On 7/28/2017 at 10:18 AM, Andrew said:

He's the next Sergio Busquets tbh, legend in the making.

He's good on football manager.

He's shite on PES and I am raging.

• 1 month later...