Mikel Merino

The Mighty Hog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, trooper said:

Could be out for a further 2 months as he has a back vertabrae problem

Mark Douglas suggested that the 2 month prediction may be over the top.

1 hour ago, David Kelly said:

Fucking hope so, he's been a big miss the last couple of games.  Apart from his effectiveness, he's actually a really good player to watch.

One of those that improves the players around him too. Just by taking up good positions, timing passes well and being calm under pressure.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, trooper said:

Could be out for a further 2 months as he has a back vertabrae problem

Ugh..not a back problem.  I've seen athletes in other sports that are never the same after back injuries.  Hope it's different for him and is fully healthy when he gets back.  :pray:

57 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Is this why he barely played at Dortmund?... 

Don't remember anything about him being injury prone or anything, as far as I know he was kept out of the Dortmund team on merit (perceived or otherwise).

• 4 months later...
22 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

More stories about him wanting to leave he's asked Rafa yet again about the possibility of a move to Athletic Bilbao.:mad:

...from?

On the contrary the articles I've read about him he seems to be happy here and everything has been positive about his and the club's future? He's still a young player and will be a big player for us in the future, he was playing well earlier in the season but I don't think he has fully recovered from the back injury yet. Also he will understand that when players are in form they are going to start ahead of him, that's football. Just means he will have to work doubly hard and wait for his chance.