Other Games 18/19

3 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Pardew blaming Burke in his post match interview for conceding so late on for not taking the ball to the corner. For a draw. 

Must have been the crowd egging them on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, strawb said:

Sticking my neck out here but, West Brom and Swansea are definitely down. One place to fight for imo.

I still think any three right up to and including Watford could go down, only five points from 3rd bottom to 10th.

I tell you what Spurs must be the most protected team in the league by the refs. They should have had another player last night sent off for a double yellow. The second challenge though he was given a talking to when it was a deffo yellow. Fuck all consistency from the fuckers with the whistle. 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I tell you what Spurs must be the most protected team in the league by the refs. They should have had another player last night sent off for a double yellow. The second challenge though he was given a talking to when it was a deffo yellow. Fuck all consistency from the fuckers with the whistle. 

Wenger was right this last week when he was complaining about refs, we're one of very few countries who have fully professional refereeing but we've got none going to the World Cup which is a sad indictment of the quality we've managed to put into those roles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Wenger was right this last week when he was complaining about refs, we're one of very few countries who have fully professional refereeing but we've got none going to the World Cup which is a sad indictment of the quality we've managed to put into those roles.

Could be a good sign. It's run by FIFA, in Russia, quality of refereeing may not have factored in the selection of referees.

Edited by OTF

I think the idea that referees are all brilliant in every other country is a bit ridiculous. Just try watching some of the games abroad. 

However, there definitely seem to be systemic biases and failures that we can all point to here. I can't remember seeing NUFC get the rub of the green from a referee in a very long time (that 5-1 Stoke game on Boxing Day a few years back springs to mind). While Man Utd under Ferguson got away with murder, and Spurs seem to be getting a lot of help at the moment. Haven't Everton already had five penalties this season?

9 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Van Dijk on his debut. That's the newspapers wanking over him tomorrow justifying the 75m

I don't watch anywhere near as much football as I used to but I've maybe sat down and watched him play an entire 90mins for Celtic and Southampton 4 times and in every single game he's given a goal away by being caught under a high floated ball ino the box. One occasion was earlier this season during a sky game, can't remember the opposition though. He seems indecisive and ends up isolated in those situations. Given the standard of Liverpool's goal keepers I cant see this improving. No doubt he's a very decent player overall, but if lfc fans are waking up this morning thinking their defensive worries are over then I reckon fairly soon they'll be thinking again :cuppa: