Other Games 18/19

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Bloody hell how do you play a game against a country run by a government responsible for killing its own indigenous population?

Syria will just have to find a way I suppose.

It's true, the things our government, right from the British ruling officials through to subsequent independent Australian elected governments, is criminal and the indigenous population deserve so much better.

But thankfully our country was smart enough to separate itself from English rule when it was put to the people.

• Like 1

Bloody hell how do you play a game against a country run by a government responsible for killing its own indigenous population?

:lol: Syria can try, but they will ultimately fail.

Good story though that they have achieved more than Qatar given the resources of both countries;

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/syrias-world-cup-soccer-bid-mesmerises-a-divided-nation-badly-in-need-of-hope-20170905-gybn32.html

:lol:

15 minutes ago, sammynb said:

It's true, the things our government, right from the British ruling officials through to subsequent independent Australian elected governments, is criminal and the indigenous population deserve so much better.

But thankfully our country was smart enough to separate itself from English rule when it was put to the people.

And a nice comeback :lol:

Interesting that all the pundits (apart from Gary Neville iirc) are all 100% convinced the Mane incident was a red, yet no one was arsed when that Huddersfield tramp put in a similar challenge on Mbemba a few weeks ago which didn't even result in a free kick. The FA committee that retrospectively banned Mitro also conveniently didn't bother looking into that one. 

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Interesting that all the pundits (apart from Gary Neville iirc) are all 100% convinced the Mane incident was a red, yet no one was arsed when that Huddersfield tramp put in a similar challenge on Mbemba a few weeks ago which didn't even result in a free kick. The FA committee that retrospectively banned Mitro also conveniently didn't bother looking into that one. 

It's been this way for years. Either they're star struck by certain clubs/players or it's someone from a club like Huddersfield and they couldn't give a monkeys about them. 

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's been this way for years. Either they're star struck by certain clubs/players or it's someone from a club like Huddersfield and they couldn't give a monkeys about them. 

Aye true enough. It's still fucking annoying to see these massive inconsistencies, especially the retroactive ban bollocks as it shows how much it really was due to motd etc making a fuss over Mitro rather than it being standard FA protocol. 

21 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye true enough. It's still fucking annoying to see these massive inconsistencies, especially the retroactive ban bollocks as it shows how much it really was due to motd etc making a fuss over Mitro rather than it being standard FA protocol. 

It's annoying alright. It's basically TV leading the FA. They obviously don't bother looking at stuff themselves.

18 hours ago, Tdansmith said:

The BBC do love Liverpool, getting beat 5-0 was ok really

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41215027

:lol: Aye I read something on one of the many articles about that game where they were trying to use the sending off as the reason for the loss. I understand the fact they were down to 10 men was a factor in them losing as heavily as 5-0 but they were still losing when he went off.

It's also worth bringing up (as I do every week to my own delight) how mint it is to watch Palace be fucking useless again, best performance they've had so far and it was still a comfortable loss to Burnley.

• Like 1