Other Games 18/19

Mind you, as bad as Huddersfield have been this season, I actually think Fulham have been the biggest shambles. Not quite as bad as the Mackems in 05/06, Derby 07/08 or Villa 15/16 but spunking £100m+ up the wall only to drop straight back down to the Championship isn't a good look.

Edited by Fumacarena

2 minutes ago, Fumacarena said:

Mind you, as bad as Huddersfield have been this season, I actually think Fulham have been the biggest shambles. Not quite as bad as the Mackems in 05/06, Derby 07/08 or Villa 15/16 but spunking £100m+ up the wall only to drop straight back down to the Championship isn't a good look.

Yes. Fulham is the biggest shamble. First... They have Jokanovic, a coach with a passing football style, ofensive, more atractive... They give him the money, he builds something.... And then he is fired and come Ranieri, that is it is totally opposite in all aspects to Jokanovic. Is very difficult to build a team in a few months. You can't buy Mitro, Schurrle, Vietto, Seri, 3 goalkeepers, a new defense... And wanting they work the first day. 

• Like 1

They're probably going to shift on most of the big-money signings they made last summer but I can see Fulham holding onto Mitro considering what he was like for them last season, unless he's getting silly money. Then again I can see another Prem side maybe taking a chance on him but not sure exactly who.

4 minutes ago, Fumacarena said:

They're probably going to shift on most of the big-money signings they made last summer but I can see Fulham holding onto Mitro considering what he was like for them last season, unless he's getting silly money. Then again I can see another Prem side maybe taking a chance on him but not sure exactly who.

By May he'll have started 3 seasons in the Premiership and been a Championship player by the end of all of them. 

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Looking at tonights games so far there are definitely 2 confirmed relegation spots taken by Huddersfield and Fulham.

At 6 points clear, with a far better GD than anyone below us and with our toughest run in the league over and done with, we play two actually good sides between now and the end of the season, I reckon we're safe.

One from Burnley, Brighton, Southampton and Cardiff to go down. Preferably Cardiff for me.

Haven't particularly studied the run ins of the rest but I'll be staggered if Cardiff don't go down. Fulham, like Huddersfield are now nailed on. Expected more from Fulham but most would've fancied Huddersfield and Cardiff to drop.

Personally, I think the worst thing Fulham did was get rid of their manager. They should have just kept faith not disrupt.

I'd like it to be Southampton to go down preferably or Brighton or Palace, but Palace have too many decent players for it to be them

(Although Zaha isn't the world class superstar he thinks he is) and we all of course like Chrissy Hughton. And Soton do have decent players too. Just not firing at the mo

It's looking like between Brighton Southampton and Cardiff to join Hudds and Fulham for the drop

But anything can happen, or used to. Theres less surprises these days. Too predictable (with odd exception like Leicester)

I do think Hudds will go on a bit of a (too late) run will overhaul Fulham and maybe even go above 3rd bottom but still go down and Cardiff to join them

Edited by PhilK

Burnley have a stinking run in and they weren’t up to much against us. Still have Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal to come and for all Arsenal and Chelsea have looked vulnerable, I’d not expect Burnley to get more than a couple of points from those four fixtures at best. Plus games against Everton who’re decent if unpredictable,  Wolves, Rodger’s Leicester and Crystal Palace too. 

I’d enjoy Burnley going down because of their shit football and the over the top praise they get for being plucky cloggers. 

Probably be Cardiff mind  

9FBEB678-FB78-4CD4-8C57-8EE113956E46.jpeg

Fair play to him, to be honest. He's not in the West Ham squad, so getting game time and trying to play his way back into contention is much better than having a strop.

I'd like to see Southampton go down. Their fans are arseholes

Admittedly almost all rival fans ridiculously negative attitudes to Newcastle is no different thanks to being driven by the rabidly anti NUFC media though

Edited by PhilK

Got Spurs-Arsenal finishing as a draw as part of a daft 10 match accumulator. So I'm happy they're drawing, but that shouldn't have been a penalty.

Southampton aren't out of it yet. But they've a gentler run in than Cardiff so it'd be a surprise if these three aren't the bottom three come the end of the season.

On 28/02/2019 at 15:26, The Fish said:

Burnley have a stinking run in and they weren’t up to much against us. Still have Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal to come and for all Arsenal and Chelsea have looked vulnerable, I’d not expect Burnley to get more than a couple of points from those four fixtures at best. Plus games against Everton who’re decent if unpredictable,  Wolves, Rodger’s Leicester and Crystal Palace too. 

I’d enjoy Burnley going down because of their shit football and the over the top praise they get for being plucky cloggers. 

Probably be Cardiff mind  

9FBEB678-FB78-4CD4-8C57-8EE113956E46.jpeg

Southampton, Brighton and Fulham still to play. Fulham will have chucked the towel in by the time we play them. Its in our hands.