Other Games 18/19

26 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I remember the days when I used to want to see Spurs do badly because I thought they were rivals of ours. :lol: 

Why do you want them to do badly now?

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Im at the house I grew up in. My sister in her usual infinite wisdom has closed the BT account so there is now no broadband. It's 8 miles to the nearest pub with BT sports :glare:

I wouldn’t worry about it. Fairly dull affair in the end.

• Haha 1

Fantastic game and while Spurs play better football without Kane, his consistency in front of goal can’t be ruled out. Bit torn because I like this Spurs side but it would be good to see someone win the Quadruple, just to prove it can be done.

Got to think the fixture congestion plays into Man Clty’s hands with the league now, though.

I'd happily swap the odd wrong decision in place of sitting for 60 seconds before finding out whether you should celebrate or not. 

And the angle the referee didn't get to see for the Llorente goal clearly showed the ball come off his hand before it hit his leg and went in. 

The offside rule is fucked as well if an opposition player can play a pass back towards goal, skim a player who knows fuck all about it and still be given offside. 

44 minutes ago, Ant said:

I thought it hit lorrentes arm then hip/leg tbh and shouldn't have stood 

It definitely hit his arm before his hip and going in but I think it would've been harsh to rule it out as thats not all there is to the law. Clear and obvious error and all that.

If the law needs changing to make that more clear cut it isn't VARs fault, same for the offside, KDs right to say the offisde laws fucked too, we've all known that for years though. (though he and I have a different definition of skimming a player considering the hit off bernardo made the ball loop up into the air rather than barely changing its path)

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

Getting things right is one thing but it shows football is now for the benefit of TV audiences rather than attendees more than ever which I find sad. 

Aye, as well as letting referees be the star of the show which is something nobody has ever asked for. Not to mention, it makes for thrilling arguments about the minutiae of decisions, rather than talk about the actual players themselves. 

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

Getting things right is one thing but it shows football is now for the benefit of TV audiences rather than attendees more than ever which I find sad. 

Is it? Surely TV companies would much rather have the controversy and something to argue about in the studio?

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Is it? Surely TV companies would much rather have the controversy and something to argue about in the studio?

Now they just argue over whether the VAR call is right. 

Pep's the bees knees but if he was called Kevin Keegan he'd be crucified for that game. Man City battered Spurs yet Tottenham scored three and had a couple of half chances as well. Waiting for the first 'tactically naive' comment from the usual bullshitters though it might be some time. Great game to watch but still preferred the Ajax game on Tuesday. (As an aside, BT had Peter Drury commentating on that one whereas their main man on the mic is Darren 'Fletch' Fletcher alongside his mate Steve 'Macca' McManaman. If BT think Fletcher is a better commentator than Drury than maybe they need to advise Pep and Klopp to drop Sterling and Salah and buy and play Jacob Murphy and Joselu instead). 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Pep's the bees knees but if he was called Kevin Keegan he'd be crucified for that game. Man City battered Spurs yet Tottenham scored three and had a couple of half chances as well. Waiting for the first 'tactically naive' comment from the usual bullshitters though it might be some time. Great game to watch but still preferred the Ajax game on Tuesday. (As an aside, BT had Peter Drury commentating on that one whereas their main man on the mic is Darren 'Fletch' Fletcher alongside his mate Steve 'Macca' McManaman. If BT think Fletcher is a better commentator than Drury than maybe they need to advise Pep and Klopp to drop Sterling and Salah and buy and play Jacob Murphy and Joselu instead). 

A pair of tits that ruin watching a game. BT is shocking for Premier League coverage mind. Though the channel itself is great value so I can't bring myself to cancel in protest

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Today is the day VAR ruined football. 

What a fucking shit show this system is 

:lol:

Fucking idiot.

If the show was on the other foot we would be spitting feathers man.  How many times has a shite decision gone our way and VAR would have sorted it out?

22 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fucking idiot.

If the show was on the other foot we would be spitting feathers man.  How many times has a shite decision gone our way and VAR would have sorted it out?

While I support your stance on VAR I cannot let “if the SHOW was on the other foot” pass without ridicule, yes it is a typo but it is very CT esque.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Fucking idiot.

You're not at work now radgepacket

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

While I support your stance on VAR I cannot let “if the SHOW was on the other foot” pass without ridicule, yes it is a typo but it is very CT esque.

Fuck me, I should be lashed for that.

Nice comeback KD.