Other Games 18/19

Aye, I don’t mind the idea of VAR but it’s current use and implementation is shite. As you both say it kills a good bit of the excitement of a goal, the camera immediately cuts to the ref with his finger in his ear. 

As AH says it looks worse in slow motion, Wilson outmuscled that defender who was trying to do the same to him from what I could tell. The Lingard offside against Holland was a load of shite as well, the front of his foot was past the right back but what’s the advantage really gained from that? I suppose that’s probably more an issue with the offside rule more than VAR but if you need minutes to view of something is offside it’s likely a harsh decision to give as an offside. 

Btw, a 3rd place game is pointless enough do we really need extra time for this? :lol: just go to pens ffs. 

Edited by Howay

Watching the Copa America and the ref has just gave it the signs of the cross when walking out. I can understand players asking God to guide their shots into the top corner but asking for divine intervention when it comes to spotting clumsy tackles is a bit much.

23 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Watching the Copa America and the ref has just gave it the signs of the cross when walking out. I can understand players asking God to guide their shots into the top corner but asking for divine intervention when it comes to spotting clumsy tackles is a bit much.

As it is the Copa America he probably is just praying to stay alive in case he makes a mistake.

• Haha 2