Other Games 18/19

22 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

So they English lasses are just as shit at pens as the lads then 

The lads have won their last two tbh :cuppa: 

I think it speaks volumes that the only time they're able to throw that out there is for the women's world cup :lol: 

Wasted some good banter on something most people don't give a fuck about because they're unlikely to get the chance in the men's version.

I'd really like ut if they lost in the final. Don't think that will happen though, if it does it will be a victory for morality, even if it's the Dutch getting 7 dubious VAR handball penalties and winning 1-0. From what I've seen the USA players have shown no humility throughout the tournament, most patently against Thailand, but continuing beyond. When they could have been winning fans to the game and for themselves they've distanced themselves from everyone that isn't American. Safe to say that their own country probably doesn't give two hoots about them either, let's not forget that their men's team didn't even qualify for the World Cup.

I was on my home last night and 3 young lasses walked past me coming home from playing football.  All about 8 years old two in their USA shirts.  Brilliant.  If one thing it's great to see them being inspired.

5 hours ago, OTF said:

I'd really like ut if they lost in the final. Don't think that will happen though, if it does it will be a victory for morality, even if it's the Dutch getting 7 dubious VAR handball penalties and winning 1-0. From what I've seen the USA players have shown no humility throughout the tournament, most patently against Thailand, but continuing beyond. When they could have been winning fans to the game and for themselves they've distanced themselves from everyone that isn't American. Safe to say that their own country probably doesn't give two hoots about them either, let's not forget that their men's team didn't even qualify for the World Cup.

Tbf, they capture the spirit of their nation

8 hours ago, OTF said:

Do you want a hanky for those tears?

1 hour ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

There's nothing to lose for me lad, if they win nobody will care, if they lose a few (myself included) will watch a three minute highlight package, smirk, then get on with their day.

8 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

He’s an Aussie isn’t he? I’m going to remove 10 placcy Jock points if you thought he was English 

• Haha 3