Other Games 18/19

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

Who's this Houghton lad? A scout?

It is Hughton, dunno what happened there. Can you ever forgive my typo?

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

2 more goals for Gayle. They need him as much as we need Rondon. Surely even Charnley can't fuck that one up 

I find it really bizarre that Gayle is likely to score more than Rondon in the Championship and Rondon more than him in the PL. I agree though it’s a complete no brainer for us to just push for a straight swap or Gayle + couple of m

Just now, Howay said:

I find it really bizarre that Gayle is likely to score more than Rondon in the Championship and Rondon more than him in the PL. I agree though it’s a complete no brainer for us to just push for a straight swap or Gayle + couple of m

Different style of football, isn't it? 

Gayle's pace and movement is exceptional in the Championship. Rondon's power and effort is not. 

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

2 more goals for Gayle. They need him as much as we need Rondon. Surely even Charnley can't fuck that one up 

:lol: Don’t tempt fate! 

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

A slip of the finger, a typing error. Different from a spelling mistake, iirc. A wordsmith such as you would never accept the latter though, so are trying to pass it off as a typo.

A typing error, not necessarily a slip of the finger. Not necessarily different from a spelling mistake. Simply a typing error. 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Different style of football, isn't it? 

Gayle's pace and movement is exceptional in the Championship. Rondon's power and effort is not. 

To a degree, but if Rondons power and effort is not exceptional or a difference maker in the Championship then surely that means the defenders down there are better than many PL ones? As it’s sort of saying the PL ones won’t be able to handle physicality as well as the Championship ones. 

In any case it’s galling to think Charnley absolutely will miss this negotiating position and we will yet again be looking for a striker. 

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

To a degree, but if Rondons power and effort is not exceptional or a difference maker in the Championship then surely that means the defenders down there are better than many PL ones? As it’s sort of saying the PL ones won’t be able to handle physicality as well as the Championship ones. 

In any case it’s galling to think Charnley absolutely will miss this negotiating position and we will yet again be looking for a striker. 

I think pace makes a striker more dangerous in the 2nd tier because the defenders aren't as good, aren't as well drilled. In the top flight, they're able to handle Gayle's level of pace and movement more easily than they can Rondon. We've seen it with Wood, Mitrovic, etc.

Aye, if any of us were in charge we'd be offering a straight swap for Gayle who is proven to be exceptional in the Championship. To be honest if any of us were in charge we'd have just spent the £16m on Rondon in the summer.

Edited by The Fish
  • Like 1

Nah, typing errors are unintentional. You purposely spelled Houghton

Typing errors are errors in typing. It's not a difficult concept, you big ol' pedant you.

Yes, and it wasn't a typing error, you spelled what you intended to spell. It was a spelling error.

:lol: I made an error in my typing. It is a typing error. It's a typo. But it is vital that we resolve this.

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think pace makes a striker more dangerous in the 2nd tier because the defenders aren't as good, aren't as well drilled. In the top flight, they're able to handle Gayle's level of pace and movement more easily than they can Rondon. We've seen it with Wood, Mitrovic, etc.

Aye, if any of us were in charge we'd be offering a straight swap for Gayle who is proven to be exceptional in the Championship. To be honest if any of us were in charge we'd have just spent the £16m on Rondon in the summer.

I get your point aye, I was being a bit reductionist tbf but I still find it odd as class does generally shine through so I’d expect Rondon to out score him. Saying that has Rondon actually played much in the championship as I could just be assuming all of this. Aye, Rondon is well worth £16m in the current market. 

Watching Brighton match, that Knockaert is a complete fucking idiot. Just got sent off for a horrific challenge he committed out of frustration. Any time I’ve seen Brighton he seems to put in a leg breaker or do something stupid yet doesn’t seem to have the reputation someone like Shelvey does, despite imo being worse as Shelvey is rarely endangering the player he just occasionally lashes out with frustration. 

Edited by Howay

Berwick 0 Queens Park 3

Berwick relegated to the lowland league :sad:

EDIT: not yet they haven’t :glare: 

Edited by PaddockLad
I’m a idiot for taking drunken texts from north east Northumberland seriously