Other Games 18/19

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

After all this, watch them come racing out of the blocks against city and man u, winning them both 3-0 or something :lol:

Nah, not a chance CP are a club in free fall, woy wont be able to stop them, both Manchester clubs will batter them.

16 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I dislike (but don't hate) Spurs because I genuinely think they were similarly positioned to us a few years ago. I would have included Liverpool in that bracket as well, except that they at least had a wealth of relatively recent successes to fall back on to support their progress as a club. Spurs have fuck all, same as us. I'm kind of annoyed that they managed to step up and compete from a position of being no marks in our shadow.

At least we tend to give them a proper whopping every few years.

Not too arsed about Man United either. Had a strong dislike for Liverpool but I've softened now that we have Rafa for some reason.

Puts pay to the nonsense about the top 4/5 being a closed shop as well. Good manager, good players, that are well drilled and committed. They've gone from a middling Premier League team to genuine contenders in the past, what, 6 or so years? Sure it helps that they're financially sound, but they don't have an oil state bankrolling them.

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye they’re fucking dross, our lot put up far more of a fight against Spurs. 

We would have had a draw at least if it wasn't for Shelvey's idiocy.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye, but the main joy of that scoreline is that palace still haven't scored or got any points :D

Has a team who have lost the first 6 games ever stayed up ? 

Or has no team actually lost the first 6 ? 

3 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Has a team who have lost the first 6 games ever stayed up ? 

Or has no team actually lost the first 6 ? 

After their previous loss I think a long standing record was broken (5 losses and no goals) so I think with every loss they make their own record harder to beat.

A Sunderland loss, another goalless Palace loss, all we need is a win the morra and it’s been yet another cracking weekend of football. Man City look pretty frightening mind, not looking forward to our lot playing them. 

For what it’s worth that Loftus-Cheek lad looks a real player, stood head and shoulders above the shite Palace had out on the pitch. 

On 24/09/2017 at 7:59 AM, Kid Dynamite said:

Townsend must be kicking himself like

I wonder if he was badly advised. I know that doesn't remove all responsibility from him for the decision to leave or anything but you could imagine an agent telling him he needed to go for his England career / career in general. I got the feeling he didn't want to go and regretted it almost straight away.