Other Games 18/19

Ousmane Dembele has just destroyed Spurs on the counter 7 minutes into the Barca v Spurs game.

Spurs freekick turned into a Barca goal in 15 seconds.

Could be a cracker this, Barca are playing a largely second string team, Spurs need to do something against them to get through.

I say Barca are playing a second string...its still a brilliant side.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Shite defending as well.

The fake shot and finish to sell the last defender was ridiculous, the lad is incredibly talented, shame he has a terrible attitude.

PSV leading at Inter, which puts Spurs through as it stands.

Spurs are being incredibly sloppy though, if the game continues like this I can't see them not conceding again which would put them back out I think.

51 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Having a squad that cost in the range of about £400 million and having Fellaini as your only Plan B is a real sign that things have went wrong somewhere.

He's not that bad of a plan B to be fair, hes fairly effective.

Problem is their plan A is so routinely ineffective that B gets called upon practically every game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Hmmmm, Fellaini or the £90m WC winning midfielder who seems to invariably play well in a blue shirt?

It says a lot about Mourinho as a coach when the former is actually the safer bet.

Which is the former and who is the ladder?  Always get confused with that one. :huh:

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Hmmmm, Fellaini or the £90m WC winning midfielder who seems to invariably play well in a blue shirt?

It says a lot about Mourinho as a coach when the former is actually the safer bet.

I love the excuses made for mourinho in that conversation.

Usually something along the lines of "ah well he looked good surrounded by other great players at Juve/France" either referring to Vidal/Pirlo or Kante/Matuidi

As if manchester united are some tiny club who aren't able to build around him with good players (meanwhile signing Fred for the bench at 50 million this summer) whilst Pirlo was free and Vidal was 10 million euros.

I'd love to see him sacked since I hate him but I'm almost convinced its the greater good that he's miserable at man u and is also taking them nowhere

• Like 1