Other Games 18/19

6 minutes ago, NJS said:

Supposedly discounted Lascelles as he can't play it out yet picks his favourites who can't do it either. 

For as much as Lascelles apparently can't play in a back 3, Stones can't play in a back 4 to save his life. Daft bastard is trying to run before he can walk. It's alright when you're playing for Man City and every fucker is scared to press you but after the first scare, he should have picked the easy option every time. He couldn't even manage that. I'm not a fan of the bloke but Pickford has every right to be pissed off at the shit show that defence served up. What chance do you have to win when each of them can't do the basics? If he's persisting with a back four, someone like Lascelles or Smalling have to be in there to do the donkey work.

I think it’s been a success tbh. It’s turned what were pointless friendlies, tedious to watch, into into a proper competitive tournament. 

With regards to the midfield, ex-mackem or not, Henderson would have made a huge difference there. He's exactly the presence that was missing. Rice has the potential but he's clearly not an international player yet, Barkley looked like he was on another planet and Delph is Delph. He's decent at being a pest and being a spoiler but he's never going to grab the game and drive you forward. You saw Henderson change the midfield immediately (granted, with the caveat that the Dutch dropped deep) since he was taking a touch, getting his head up and moving it on and he was always offering an option which Barkley seemingly couldn't be arsed to do. If Winks was fully fit, he'd have been a much better choice than Barkley. He'd have at least been lively and always offered himself up. Going forward, you've got to hope that Oxlade-Chamberlain hasn't lost something and Rice develops as you'd hope. Though, I'm pinning my hopes on Hamza Choudhury being our Foxy Cleopatra-cum-Kante in midfield.

Holland played well but England were so casual, it was unreal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

What do you think of Henderson though? 

I've only 

What do you think of Henderson though? 

Anonymous. 

Dickford. One early fumble. Rushed towards the ball after Barkley's bollock and Stones bollock. He should have rushed back to his goal. Don't defend the makem bastard, watch the incidents again. 

Tommy Robinson caught on video knocking someone out outside the match. The little fucking bellend. 

Sucker punch as well. Whilst he walks with his 'mates'. He's a proper little cunt, mind, even taking away his views. Has done very well out of it as well.

Don't know why Barkley was on the pitch for 90 minutes, he should have been yanked at half-time.

I think Stones and Walker have huge ego problems, they think they are better than they are subsequently making mistakes.

The Dutch were far away the best team, England were woeful at times, too many times.

2 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Don't know why Barkley was on the pitch for 90 minutes, he should have been yanked at half-time.

I think Stones and Walker have huge ego problems, they think they are better than they are subsequently making mistakes.

The Dutch were far away the best team, England were woeful at times, too many times.

Would've been a lucky cunt if he did. I only got an orange at half time. :good:

• Haha 2

Watching that Stones fuck up again makes it look even worse :lol: the worst part for me is there was a moment Frenkie De Jong was caught in his own box under pressure, and he just cleared his lines. Stones decision making is fucking woeful tbh, it is harsh comparing him to De Jong but if you’re under pressure like that and get caught in two minds you take the safe option and clear it (even though the pass back to Pickford was on before Stones bizarrely turned around). 

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

The Dutch pressurised which caused the bollocks let's not forget. You're very lucky having me highlighting such incidents. 

I was literally comparing Stones and De Jong’s reactions to being pressured. 

• Haha 1