Other Games 18/19

A lot of the Arsenal fans commenting under the several Guardian articles we've had written about us seem to want him. I don't actually think he would go there though, unless Ashley does shaft him. At best with Arsenal he might win a couple of cups and I guess rejoin the 'elite' of managers in the CL...

But with us, he wins one trophy and becomes an instant legend. From how he has acted since being here, I want to believe that he is more likely to value the latter.

I wonder if he came to us because he's fed up of the merry-go-round of top level clubs.

At Madrid or Liverpool or wherever you'll always have people banging on about the identity of the club, you have to play this or that way, Cristiano has to play or Steeeeeeve geee does or whatever.

If he stays here he can pretty much just build a team, a club the way he wants to whilst being close enough to his family that he can see them regularly and properly.

Ashley has shown that he does not like firing managers, look how much rope he gave pards. I reckon Rafa can be here as long as he wants to overall and he might be quite happy with that.

i'm inclined to agree with that, and it's about the connection with the supporter base and our potential that he won't find at lots of other club. 

i'm sure he'd be a lot happier if ashley backed him mind. the best signing of the summer would unquestionably be rafa signing an extension

15 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I wonder if he came to us because he's fed up of the merry-go-round of top level clubs.

At Madrid or Liverpool or wherever you'll always have people banging on about the identity of the club, you have to play this or that way, Cristiano has to play or Steeeeeeve geee does or whatever.

If he stays here he can pretty much just build a team, a club the way he wants to whilst being close enough to his family that he can see them regularly and properly.

Ashley has shown that he does not like firing managers, look how much rope he gave pards. I reckon Rafa can be here as long as he wants to overall and he might be quite happy with that.

I've thought similarly also with regard to working with young up and coming players and how he can shape their careers as opposed to working with the finished article, so to speak.

I'd imagine that a big transfer budget at Arsenal would be tempting but they have only really spent big in one of the last three seasons and with another season of no CL football and a less than full ground might mean that they don't have a fortune to spend this summer.

Or is that the season you’re on about? That spending power would attract most managers, I guess. I just hope Rafa has bought into us as his project. Any trophy won for us would be a better achievement because of the financial constraints.

5 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

The keeper's had a shocker there, his wall is too far across.

I dunno like, anything less than that particular strike and he has plenty of time to sort it.

Not a dig at you ANS but I hate this sort of thinking in modern football, its never a great goal, just poor keeping or defending. bah.

42 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I dunno like, anything less than that particular strike and he has plenty of time to sort it.

Not a dig at you ANS but I hate this sort of thinking in modern football, its never a great goal, just poor keeping or defending. bah.

It was a great strike no doubt about that, just the keeper has made it easier by not setting up properly.

25 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

oh yeah. by flogging sanchez to man u 

Nah, that was a straight swap. They sold the likes of Walcott, AOC, Giroud and Coquelin for good money.