Other Games 18/19

1 hour ago, Tdansmith said:

34 points would have kept a team in the Premier League this season.:o

I knew 35 points would be enough, the number of teams down there taking points off each other 

14 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I knew 35 points would be enough, the number of teams down there taking points off each other 

Wouldn’t you’ve needed at least 36? 

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Wouldn’t you’ve needed at least 36? 

Swansea finished 3rd bottom on 33, quite a bit lower than the 40 points everyone makes so much fuss about.

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Swansea finished 3rd bottom on 33, quite a bit lower than the 40 points everyone makes so much fuss about.

I don't know how you work it out to be honest, i.e. 3rd or 4th bottom points total but either way 40 would see you comfortably survive. As an aside, it's mad how we came 10th but were 56 points behind the champions

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I don't know how you work it out to be honest, i.e. 3rd or 4th bottom points total but either way 40 would see you comfortably survive. As an aside, it's mad how we came 10th but were 56 points behind the champions

goes back to the same point that all the bottom clubs were taking points off each other. the top 5 were in a league of their own this year but the rest of the division was really competitive. you usually have one or two clubs that get cut adrift, but it was all really close, with about 10 teams in the mix right up until the final few games. 

7 minutes ago, Bizza said:

Aye, absolute shite. Need to get rid of pulis asap.

It's not just the manager, it's the mindset at the club. A bit like Spurs in the sense that they just can't perform when it really matters. Almost like they think the job is done before it actually is.

28 minutes ago, The Fish said:

They're 3rd in their league and are in the Cup Final. Wonder what's sparked the violence?

Losing the league, Sporting, Benfica and Porto will always be the top three but it was close this year and they still finished third.

Not that its justified of course.

9 hours ago, rob032 said:

Some mad stuff going down in Portugal. Sporting Lisbon fans have stormed a training session and attacked players and staff:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/15/sporting-lisbon-intruders-training-attack-players-staff

Just a well someone like Billy Whitehurst doesn't play for them:icon_lol:

• Haha 1

A friend of mine is a Sporting fan and he is convinced that the club president set it up.

Apparently they threw away second place in the final game of the season.

Just now, Rayvin said:

A friend of mine is a Sporting fan and he is convinced that the club president set it up.

Apparently they threw away second place in the final game of the season.

Why would they do that ?

Portugal, particularly sporting, can get a bit wierd like that it actually wouldn't surprise me.

Perfect time to swoop in and nab a few good players!