Newcastle United vs Spurs 13/08/2017

Final Score  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Rayvin said:

Well I was thinking more about the management team on the whole. Spurs don't come across as only in it for the money at board level, I genuinely think they want to win things and to be successful. Even the board. So why would they just 'not spend' unless they felt that they had a decent chance anyway.

I think the inflated market is nauseating Levy, who is renowned for being financially prudent. Probably still hurting from that Sissoko deal. Given they fell short of the title and have the Champions League to contend with, as well as other clubs spending a fucktonne, there's no chance they don't want and need some extra quality

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I think the inflated market is nauseating Levy, who is renowned for being financially prudent. Probably still hurting from that Sissoko deal. Given they fell short of the title and have the Champions League to contend with, as well as other clubs spending a fucktonne, there's no chance they don't want and need some extra quality

You're right on strengthening ahead of the CL for sure. I dunno then, maybe he's hoping for the same thing as Ashley - that prices start to fall running up to the end of August.

It's probably difficult for them to improve on what they have.  If they identify someone better then they are looking at £50m +.  They will certainly have money to spend who do they spend it on.  Can they actually attract a player of the sort of price they would have to pay.  They had the same problem last summer and ended up with Sissoko and Janssen.  It's no wonder they are being cautious.  But I don't think they can afford to be.  Yes they have young player who they can quite confidently hope will improve, but if those players see teammates leave and no new faces come in, their motivation drops and they're more likely to regress than improve.

Team I would start ....... wot d'ye think?

Elliot.

Manquillo  Lejeune  Clark   Gamez

Ritchie  Merino  Shelvey  Aarons

DeJong

Mitrovic

I reckon we'll see

Eliiot

Manquillo Lascelles Lej Dummett

Shelvey Hayden

Ritchie Perez Murphy

Gayle

Mitrovic and Merino to come on after 70 minutes. De Jong to come on after 87 minutes to waste a bit of time. 2-1.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

Ohhhhhhhhh Nellllllllyyyyyy!  I'm getting excited and nervous! :D  :clapping:   (note to mods: we have no nervous/ eat fingernails emotes)

0-2 to the not good.   I think the game will start out alright, but eventually they'll knock a couple past us.  Hope I'm wrong and we whoop them.

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Odd naming Lascelles as captain if he's not playing him. Expected this kind of line-up he was never going to throw all the new signings on together. No full-back cover on the bench though. We can do these here though as long as we keep our discipline.

Mbemba can play FB if needed