Newcastle United vs Spurs 13/08/2017

Final Score  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

43 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

He certainly has to convince for us but I'm pretty confident that Rafa can set us and him up in a way to do that. 

hope so. 

i think that partially explains rafa's thinking in offering him the captain's armband when clark might have been a more obvious choice. the hope must have been that giving him extra responsibility would have meant more mature conduct. shame it backfired. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm just going on what i've seen of him playing for us. he's without doubt our most talented passer and playmaker. whether he can combine that obvious ability with the workrate and discipline required to make it as a top flight player remains to be seen. 

I think he'll be fine this season. He's not the player he was when we went down. He's a full stone lighter and much more mobile. And if he wasn't he really wouldn't be in the side.

21 minutes ago, Park Life said:

That Manquillo was asleep for both goals.

I thought he looked good but it has to be said when you seen the goals again he was a fault for both.  I think the situation has to be taken into account though. 

I wonder ....................... with the early exits of Dummett & Lejeune, plus the expulsion of Shelvey, I wonder what bench players would have been called upon by Rafa had the game progressed without the injury exits

I wonder if Rafa would have given Murphy a chance to get his feet wet in the Premier League.

20 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I thought he looked good but it has to be said when you seen the goals again he was a fault for both.  I think the situation has to be taken into account though. 

Honestly don't think he's to blame for the Alli goal. Lascelles was the goalside defender much closer to their player when he started that run. It was more down to being an exceptional run and pass tbh.

Also don't think you can be overly critical in a game where we lost a defender in the first 5 minutes and another 25 odd minutes later.

10 hours ago, Noelie said:

I wonder ....................... with the early exits of Dummett & Lejeune, plus the expulsion of Shelvey, I wonder what bench players would have been called upon by Rafa had the game progressed without the injury exits

I wonder if Rafa would have given Murphy a chance to get his feet wet in the Premier League.

Reckon we would have seen Murphy and potentially Mitrovic depending on the score. Merino still would have come on I think, but not in place of Gayle who might have made way for Murphy instead.

10 minutes ago, OTF said:

Honestly don't think he's to blame for the Alli goal. Lascelles was the goalside defender much closer to their player when he started that run. It was more down to being an exceptional run and pass tbh.

Also don't think you can be overly critical in a game where we lost a defender in the first 5 minutes and another 25 odd minutes later.

Nah the forward is behind Lascelles so he can't see him. Manquillo can see him all the way but doesn't react. 

Totally agree we can't be overly critical when we've lost half the defence before half time and we were down to ten men. That's why I said you have to take the situation into account.  

Not sure if this has been brought up before but before the game Shelvey deliberately didn't shake Alli's hand.

Fair play to Alli, he styled it out by running his hand through his hair :lol:

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Lejeune and Dummet out for 2-3 weeks.

Not too bad in the end. Annoying but I was worried we'd lost Lejeune for a couple of months initially.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Oh I guess you know more than the club's medical team?

is that where this info is from like? have they said what injuries they have? there were rumours of a broken foot for lejeune and a pulled hamstring for dummet, which obviously isn't the case if they're saying they might be back in a couple of weeks.