Newcastle United vs Spurs 13/08/2017

Final Score  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Ant said:

ironically on the american stream if got back in the studio they said similar but should've got a yellow and "I'd say if someone like shelvey did the same challenge it'd be a red, but kanes reputation saved him there"

No doubt about it. Reputations of players are a massive part in influencing referees nowadays and if that was Lascelles or even Manquillo making that Kane challenge theyd be off.

3 minutes ago, OTF said:

May get to see how Merino is in our next three, or finally de Jong perhaps.

Aye, I feel Merino does well I hope Rafa is fair and doesn't just sling Shelvey back in the side. 

We've surely signed more than our fair share of dipshits in recent times. Shelvey, Barton, Bowyer, Owen spring to immediate mind.

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Honestly man, textbook NUFC. Playing well in front of a packed stadium and within 50 mins we've lost 50% of our back 4 and Shelvey gets sent off and a 3 game ban. 

It truly is, we have a knack for doing this, so much so that my reaction was somewhat dulled. 

Have to say shelvey contributed fuck all before his sending off. Just how I remember him in the season we went down. Can't play when he's pressed high by players with premier league fitness levels. Needs time on the ball to pick his passes

nixe to see us having a go with 10 to play instead of just rolling over. 

In spite of the injuries and the red card, there have been some positives.

We've looked fairly solidand Atsu looks like he is continuing where he left off at the back end of last season.

Also, if we are going to shoot ourselves in the foot in the most Newcastle of manners, we might as well do it against a team (who have arguably been the best team in the league over the the past two seasons) we wouldn't really have expected to get anything against in the first place.

I also might convince Ashley to spend some money*

*it won't.

Positives: Manchillo looked decent, ditto merkino, Atsu was lively, we looked difficult to break down before the sending of

negative: half our defence is crocked, shelvey still hasn't grown Despite being given the skipper's armband 

Edited by Dr Gloom

3 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

How has Kyle Walker Peters got Man of the Match after Atsu has gave him the run around all game?

Commentators and studio 'experts' had picked him before the match. The studio has been Tim Sherwood was embarrassing with his half time analysis of him. He also accused Newcastle of never trying to win at half time.