Newcastle United vs Spurs 13/08/2017

Final Score  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't even think he's all that, he's decent, sure, but would the Manchester clubs go in for him? Would Arsenal or Chelsea? 

And doesn't he have just as good a chance of winning the title at Spurs as most of them anyway?

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't even think he's all that, he's decent, sure, but would the Manchester clubs go in for him? Would Arsenal or Chelsea? 

And doesn't he have just as good a chance of winning the title at Spurs as most of them anyway?

65k a week allegedly. Reckon hes in a WhatsApp group with his old mate Kyle Walker :D 

Thing is none of them have won so  much as a tin pot in their careers.

Ashley could invest say 150mill over the next 3 windows, then Rafa may somehow get us in the top 4/5 and the same would happen to us. At the top level in the early 21st century, the 90 minutes on the pitch is still quite often something well worth the effort to watch. Almost every other facet of the game is fuckin nauseating  :glare: 

DeAndre Yedlin will miss the start of the 2017-18 Premier League season and he may not be ready for the the USMNT’s two crucial 2018 World Cup qualifiers in September.

The Newcastle United right back injured his hamstring in a preseason game against Mainz last week and Yedlin, 24, will now be out until the end of August.

Speaking to the media his manager Rafael Benitez confirmed the injury news, saying “we think it’s two or three weeks that he will be out.”

That means that Yedlin will likely miss Newcastle’s first three games back in the Premier League — home games against Tottenham and West Ham plus a trip to Huddersfield — after promotion from the second-tier.

I seriously think Spurs are going to struggle this year.  Yes they have Kane but if he gets injured they havent got much cover.  Add the move to Wembley which is going to disrupt things, I think its gonna be a 5/6th place finish for them.

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I seriously think Spurs are going to struggle this year.  Yes they have Kane but if he gets injured they havent got much cover.  Add the move to Wembley which is going to disrupt things, I think its gonna be a 5/6th place finish for them.

oh for a season were we struggle to 5th or 6th place

Ok so, why aren't they strengthening? Levy hasn't been averse to spending previously. Presumably they've figured that they're already happy with the current team and don't want to unsettle it. It'll not be for the same reasons as Ashley.

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Ok so, why aren't they strengthening? Levy hasn't been averse to spending previously. Presumably they've figured that they're already happy with the current team and don't want to unsettle it. It'll not be for the same reasons as Ashley.

You think any manager decides that they don't want to strengthen their team at all? That's preposterous.

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

Ok so, why aren't they strengthening? Levy hasn't been averse to spending previously. Presumably they've figured that they're already happy with the current team and don't want to unsettle it. It'll not be for the same reasons as as Ashley.

I think thats  the answer happy with the current team 2nd last year why change, it may backfire i suppose we'll see soon enough

Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

You think any manager decides that they don't want to strengthen their team at all? That's preposterous.

Well I was thinking more about the management team on the whole. Spurs don't come across as only in it for the money at board level, I genuinely think they want to win things and to be successful. Even the board. So why would they just 'not spend' unless they felt that they had a decent chance anyway.