Newcastle United vs Spurs 13/08/2017

Final Score  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We'll politely call that a "workmanlike" half of football, but we looked like a Rafa team, well-drilled and disciplined.

Atsu has been the best player comfortably, he's had the beating of Walker-Peters every time. Commentator on NBC mentioned a lack of faith from Perez and Gayle that he was going to get the ball into the box, and I agree with that. There was no risk from our forwards, no dangerous runs, so all Atsu's endeavor went to waste. 

3 minutes ago, strawb said:

Really solid first half. Pretty impressed, especially with Lejuene before he went off and Manquillo who was meant to be the worst footballer to walk the planet.

Aye, Manquillo is quietly having a solid game. Really hope Lejeune is ok, I think Dummett will be out for a couple games mind as it looked like a hammy. 

Happy with the first half, clearly we were frustrating Spurs. Robbie Earle commented that "if that tackle was Jonjo Shelvey on Kane we would have been talking about a red card" and he's spot on imo, if Lejeunes leg had been planted it could have been broken. 

1 minute ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We need someone better than Perez at #10. Hayden is tidy but needs to get in the thick of it some more. 

Hayden has been untidy IMO. Looks nervous and suspect on the ball. Agree about Perez, he has a knack of making the wrong decision on counter attacks.

Now the commentators are suggesting that Ritchie should have been sent off, never said the same for Kane and his tackle was much worse and actually resulted in an injury. I can't say I've missed the biased commentary.