Joselu

ewerk

25 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Lack of other options?...they're all average, he's tried everything formation and personnel wise and nothing has really clicked at home. He's not tried Mitro, but that's a trust issue. Thing is, we've got to trust Rafa on that one, we can't just throw the toys out because we've dropped points at home again. In the end, its Ashley who wouldn't put more than 5million for a "premier league class" striker. Joselu was a Stoke reserve. That's the level of our recruitment. Shearer missed a penalty v the mackems at the Gallowgate end too. So let's all just fuckin chill :cuppa: 

Absolutely bang fucking on, its not complicated is it?

I don't know how people don't get this, we all know Joselu isn't that good, he's also the best option we've had (Slimani not withstanding).

Again and again people light up match threads or whatever with how shit Joselu is as if its some new insight or we've got the next Shearer wasting away in the reserves or something.

We had 3 senior strikers. Mitrovic, Joselu and Gayle. 

Gayle is the best finisher of the lot and probably would have had 2 goals last night

Mitrovic hasn’t been given a proper run of games in 2 seasons

Joselu has consistently shown he can’t finish for toffee yet continues to get a game

Whats difficult to understand about that?

• Like 1

Rafa actually consciously went and bought this useless cunt yet people are talking as if he had to :lol: 

He'd have been better off sticking Adam Armstrong in there, at least we know he can actually strike a football and knows where the net is. Joselu can't even do the basics. I'm sick of people making excuses for this absolute shit cunt, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team. I fucking hate him.

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Absolutely bang fucking on, its not complicated is it?

I don't know how people don't get this, we all know Joselu isn't that good, he's also the best option we've had (Slimani not withstanding).

Again and again people light up match threads or whatever with how shit Joselu is as if its some new insight or we've got the next Shearer wasting away in the reserves or something.

I agree that we aren’t blessed with many options. Fanks Mike #trooper

But if a player consistently fails to deliver - as Joselu has for weeks now - you rotate. His confidence looks shot to me. Gayle is a confidence player but he strikes me as the type that might bag a few if he’s given a proper run of games. He demonstrated last season that he’s a much better finisher at least and the argument that he doesn’t offer as much of an all round game is meaningless when Joselu is even failing to hold the ball up.

5 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Lock him up, throw away the key. "He gets selected on work rate" :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Any cunt will run around a football field for 50k a week man.

You should give it go seeing as you seem to meet your own requirements.

Just now, Tom said:

Gayle's finishing has been absolutely shite recently for what it's worth.

He'd have scored 10 last night though because he wasn't playing

Joselu has started 19, and made 3 appearances off the bench, scoring 4 goals (one of which he knew absolutely nothing about)

Gayle has started 11 and made 11 appearances off the bench, scoring 3

neither have great records this season, but for some unknown reason rafa has placed way more faith in joselu than gayle, who was excellent in the championship. early doors in the season, i thought at the very least, joselu was a workhorse, and would give us an outlet even if not scoring freely, but recently even his work off the ball has been shite.

get him benched for the love of christ

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

What was the ginger young striker called before Armstrong? Adam something as well? Bring him hyem!

Campbell? Think he went to Notts County

8 minutes ago, Alex said:

Campbell? Think he went to Notts County

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Adam Campbell, currently playing for Morcambe.

That's it! :lol:

Never looked anywhere near being able to be a PL player, the poor cunt. 

16 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Befield or at least he definitely was last season.  Quite the porker too!

Really? Probably still scoring for fun at that level

Talk about Mitrovic not getting chances is bollocks. You can half let him off for his first season as a young kid settling into England but he started 20+ games last season and scored 4 goals. And a run of games was going to see him score more this year? We have a far less talented team than the one that was  setting him up last time too, meaning he'd have to work twice as hard to create his chances. Something he quite clearly refuses to do because he's a cart horse.

Joselu being crap does not make Mitrovic good. There's a reason we've had to go and beg for a lend of a £30 million striker for a few month.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 1