Huddersfield vs United

TheGingerQuiff

Huddersfield vs United  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

His other lung deflated.

I think you'll find his other lung actually fell out in a shopping incident.

Mbemba doesn't look comfortable at left back, he seems to keep drifting inside giving the winger a lot of room. Unless he's being told to do that it might be better switching him and Clark. 

25 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It didn't look intentional to me but the commentators weren't so sure.

Looked intentional, not comparable to Shelvey obviously, but probably more force behind it.

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

Knew we'd be the first side with a player booked despite Huddersfield being by far the dirtier side 

Yup. I'd take Ritchie off at half time though. Has been unable to get a decent ball in and looks frustrated.

Very frustrating half that, Huddersfield look as shite as I thought they would despite the commentator acting like they've been the better side they've had no chances.

Our lot look like they're playing a training game after a night on the piss, very casual and sloppy in possession all over the park. 

Huddersfield are shit - we might be worse.

Merino has been a total non-contributor. And I'll say this now: I know we have to keep faith with the players who got us promotion, etc etc, but if we start many more games with Gayle as a lone striker we're going to go down. He simply doesn't have what it takes to play that role in the PL. 

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm struggling to see anyone on the field who looks likely to create anything for us.

Which what you'd think as soon as that time sheet came out as well.

2 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Huddersfield are shit - we might be worse.

Merino has been a total non-contributor. And I'll say this now: I know we have to keep faith with the players who got us promotion, etc etc, but if we start many more games with Gayle as a lone striker we're going to go down. He simply doesn't have what it takes to play that role in the PL. 

Yep. Dire stuff.

Yeah, Gayle is waiting for balls that aren't coming with the way we're playing. Very sloppy passing. Agree that Ritchie could come off, give Murphy a run. If we're actually going to look after the ball perhaps make room for Joselu or Mitro.

3 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

if we start many more games with Gayle as a lone striker we're going to go down. He simply doesn't have what it takes to play that role in the PL. 

It's hard playing with a lone striker that is just a poacher unless you have a strong midfield imo. The ball never sticks up front as we have a poacher in Gayle and then a near non-existent number 10. It's about the only reason I'm not against a loan move for Carroll as at least he can hang onto the ball for a bit. 

One thing looks pretty blatant. the ref is not on our side, shock horror.

We haven't played very well at all. 

Huddersfield are there for the taking in the second half if we can get some consistency going with our passing.

We've shown glimpses of some good play and the players seem to be a lot less edgy.

We just need to be a bit more careful and not allow them to build up more corner counts/set pieces, because that's where they could undo us if we're not on our mettle.

Ritchie has to be careful because I have a feeling that Pawson won't take much to show him a red and make the game a little bit easier for Huddersfield.

If we can up it a gear in the second half and not have Pawson hindering us, I think we can go on and win this.

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

It's hard playing with a lone striker that is just a poacher unless you have a strong midfield imo. The ball never sticks up front as we have a poacher in Gayle and then a near non-existent number 10. It's about the only reason I'm not against a loan move for Carroll as at least he can hang onto the ball for a bit. 

Yes, let me restate that. If we continue to play with Gayle as a lone striker with this midfield setup we're going to go down. We either need better creative midfielders, a real #10 (not Perez or pipe-cleaner-man De Jong), or to play with two strikers. I don't know which of those is most likely, but as it looks none of them are particularly likely at all.