Huddersfield vs United

TheGingerQuiff

Huddersfield vs United  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, acrossthepond said:

Yes, let me restate that. If we continue to play with Gayle as a lone striker with this midfield setup we're going to go down. We either need better creative midfielders, a real #10 (not Perez or pipe-cleaner-man De Jong), or to play with two strikers. I don't know which of those is most likely, but as it looks none of them are particularly likely at all. 

I agreed with your original point btw. As much as I like and root for Gayle I think it's clear, as you say, that we're not strong enough elsewhere to have him be the lone man up top. I'm still hoping we can loan Wilshere, I know he is a bit paper mache in all but he'd be far better in the number 10 role than what we have. 

Surely some nerves but Merino's passing has been horrible. Positive is that he seems to read the play defensively very well.

Unfair yellow that, entitled to go for it. He was late but they've had 3 or 4 challenges like that on players go unpunished. 

I'd like to see Murphy play, why spend £12m on him and then never bother with him, it's not like Ritchie and Atsu have done much today. 

1 minute ago, Howay said:

I'd like to see Murphy play, why spend £12m on him and then never bother with him, it's not like Ritchie and Atsu have done much today. 

I agree, Atsu has been as bad today as he was good last week and Ritchie is having an irritated game, they seldom end well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ant said:

I get zero enjoyment outta watching us these days, i honestly prefer watching neutral matches with actual decent players on show

It's pretty grim. Already reminiscent of the 2008/9 season.

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

We had 4 points after 2 games that season!

The tail end of the season. Ant's comment had me flashing back to miserable late night/early morning watches of games where we had no shots on target.