Huddersfield vs United

TheGingerQuiff

Huddersfield vs United  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We looked fucking hopeless in the first two matches last season, so hopefully we can pick it up from here like we did then. We do look like we lack quality mind. 

Edited by Howay

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

If you field a Championship team then expect Championship quality. The first team needs several new faces and we aren't going to get them.

Aye, that starting 11 had 9 starters from last season. We just have no quality, this lot struggle to string passes together and play like utter strangers. Merino looked ok especially towards the end but having him and Hayden together is too similar of a pairing and then having no proper number 10 in front of them really inhibits us. 

Can't watch PL games anymore myself. Optus bought out rights from FOXTEL year before. I will never buy to watch PL. Waste of time and money. There are fools who do though. I enjoy Spanish Primera and Bundesliga more anyway so not having the EPL as an option is of little consequence.

Newcastle are a team of Championship plodders. Rafa will have to work his magic to make the team compact and defensive. That is the aim to try and stay up.

2nd best all over the pitch to a team who finished 14 points behind us last season. Merino anonymous, Manquillo useless. Can't see a lot changing significantly in the next 10 days either Ashley's made that pretty clear.  

1 minute ago, Howay said:

Aye, that starting 11 had 9 starters from last season. We just have no quality, this lot struggle to string passes together and play like utter strangers. Merino looked ok especially towards the end but having him and Hayden together is too similar of a pairing and then having no proper number 10 in front of them really inhibits us. 

Merino is defensively better than Hayden based on that showing. He could partner someone else there and be effective if he makes better decisions with the ball. By effective I obviously mean limiting the number of goals we're defeated by. 

1 minute ago, OTF said:

They were shit, we were turbo-shit.

Aye, the commentators are trying to make out that Huddersfield were quality but honestly both sides had a similar chance, Ritchie's and Mooy's, theirs went in and ours was saved. None of that lets our lot off as like you say we were hopeless.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken said:

Can't watch PL games anymore myself. Optus bought out rights from FOXTEL year before. I will never buy to watch PL. Waste of time and money. There are fools who do though. I enjoy Spanish Primera and Bundesliga more anyway so not having the EPL as an option is of little consequence.

Newcastle are a team of Championship plodders. Rafa will have to work his magic to make the team compact and defensive. That is the aim to try and stay up.

You pay for Foxtel surely, is your beef that it's only the premier league on Optus? Did you watxh any other leagues on Foxtel prior to last season? I'm watching on the Optus free trial currently, trying to decide if it will be worth paying $15 a month. Based on the quality of the service so far I would say it's worth it, based on the quality of our play not even close.

We were beat by a team who are second top and we were away. Lighten up for crying out loud.

Ok on a serious note, we were far too negative and got a bloody nose from a team that will get relegated this season and no, i don't mean us.

We will get better but Rafa had better stop playing negative football and handing the impetus to the opposition.

Having said all of that, I genuinely think that we will get a lot better as the season progresses.

I've seen a proper striker on the pitch in Joselu and he could form a great partnership with Gayle if Rafa would allow it.

All in all we got what we deserved but things are not as bad as they appear, but will be if Rafa continues being too negative.

2 minutes ago, robchester said:

Regardless of quality, there appeared to be a lack of urgency by some of them. We should be pressing teams but there's too many errant passes which choke any momentum

I agree, it was really fucking odd how casual and complacent they looked at times. It was almost as if they were trying to look relaxed on the ball so they looked confident but in reality it just looked slow in possession and led to them being closed down and misplacing simple passes.

Just now, OTF said:

You pay for Foxtel surely, is your beef that it's only the premier league on Optus? Did you watxh any other leagues on Foxtel prior to last season? I'm watching on the Optus free trial currently, trying to decide if it will be worth paying $15 a month. Based on the quality of the service so far I would say it's worth it, based on the quality of our play not even close.

Yeah, I pay for FOXTEL but will not pay for Optus to watch the EPL on top.

Yeah, I had always watched the Spanish Primera which was on ESPN now shown on BEIN Sports. I get to watch the Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 now as well, so losing out on the EPL is not that much of a hit tbh.

8 minutes ago, wolfy said:

We were beat by a team who are second top and we were away. Lighten up for crying out loud.

Obvious WUM is obvious.

He's ripping the piss out of anyone who responds to him.

Worrying performance but too early to give a shite about results.

It does look like without a couple of decent players in there are big problems on the horizon.

Edited by adios

That was fucking painful to watch!

As a strike force, Gayle and Perez are lower division caliber who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag.

Benitez needs a wake-up call as to who our best players are, when and where to play them.

Too many anonymous players today, visible only by their fuck-ups.

This has the looks of being another long and frustrating season.

Don't blame Ashley, lack of spending, etc etc, blame the under-performing shirt wearers who can't get their act together when it's curtain time.

And blame the coaching staff who can't get the best out of the cast they've got to work with.

I am one pissed-off dude.

I hope he starts with Gayle and Joselu next game, Perez doesn't bring anything to the table and it looks like Joselu can bring the ball down and hold onto it a bit which might open things up for Gayle. We desperately need some creative quality, without Shelvey we have no one that can open sides up.