Huddersfield vs United

TheGingerQuiff

Huddersfield vs United  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

" Wotcha rafa. wot? ya want me ter spend twenny million on 'im? 're ya 6's and 7's, geeza. i'm not spendin' twenny million on anyone!"

You can draw a big black circle in the midfield from box to box. Nothing there that would give you confidence that we would create any quality chances. which has been a problem of ours for many years now in the Premier League.

Maybe, just maybe this will convince dumb Mike to give Rafa what he needs to get some quality in the next two weeks. Doubt it, though.

39 minutes ago, adios said:

Worrying performance but too early to give a shite about results.

It does look like without a couple of decent players in there are big problems on the horizon.

I think results and how they are achieved are already worrying because they can create a negative momentum that will be hard to shake off, especially without the input of players of top flight quality.

A positive momentum can make ordinary players looking decent..,

That was dreadful. Right where we left off in the last pl season. Agree there seemed to be a lack of urgency at times which is surprising. Lots of work needed and no time or support to do it. 

Gayle useless upfront at this level, especially alone. Perez is useless, Diame is worse. Noone seems to have the slightest bit of quality. Too early to judge Merino though. 

This season is going to be a shower of shite.

Ant made a fair point. Its more fun watching other teams as a neutral. So long since we've had a footballing side, or even one that doesnt disgrace itself on the pitch at this level.

1 hour ago, Howay said:

I hope he starts with Gayle and Joselu next game, Perez doesn't bring anything to the table and it looks like Joselu can bring the ball down and hold onto it a bit which might open things up for Gayle. We desperately need some creative quality, without Shelvey we have no one that can open sides up. 

Perez has been wank for the last two seasons. Too lightweight and wanting a lifetime on the ball. Get shut. 

We need a proven goalscorer but in this market in the Prem you're looking at £30m+. More chance of seeing the mackems in the Prem next season than us spending that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelie said:

That was fucking painful to watch!

As a strike force, Gayle and Perez are lower division caliber who couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag.

Benitez needs a wake-up call as to who our best players are, when and where to play them.

Too many anonymous players today, visible only by their fuck-ups.

This has the looks of being another long and frustrating season.

Don't blame Ashley, lack of spending, etc etc, blame the under-performing shirt wearers who can't get their act together when it's curtain time.

And blame the coaching staff who can't get the best out of the cast they've got to work with.

I am one pissed-off dude.

I am still pissed off.

4 minutes ago, Monroe Transfer said:

Won't criticise Gayle too much when the service to him was so poor.

Gayle is the type of striker that needs service. He was quality last season when him and Shelvey were in the team. Those two are on the same wavelength. It's just a shame that Shelvey is a thick twat.

- The 4231 isn't working. Richie, Perez and Atsu create nowt between them and end up playing a midfield 5 with Gayle marked out of the game

- Hayden is a nothing player, reminds me of Jenas, offers nowt going backwards or forwards. - Manquillo is like Santon but worse

- Not sure why we spent £12mil on Murphy and don't play him? Game was crying out for some attacking flair and he got 10mins when the match was as good as gone

Edited by Kid Dynamite

What concerns me is that our starting line-up today consisted of 9 players who were part of last season's Championship side.

Only 2 players were new signings for the Premier League season.

If Shelvey had not got a red card he would have started which would have meant only 1 new player starting.

Perhaps if Yedlin had been fit he may have started and that would have meant we could have started with NO new players starting.

Wot the fuck.

Exception would have been Lejeune had he not suffered an injury in the first game.

I know some people are probably sick of the comparisons but the similarities between Keegan & Benitez are uncanny. Obviously the Liverpool connection, but for us 2 brilliant footballing brains, man management skills, loves the fans, loved by the fans. But the most important part willing to stand up to Ashley. Keegan was supposed to have control of transfers we no he didnt. Last week Ashley told us Rafa has control over transfers "Lee answers to Rafa let me be clear about that" he obviously doesn't. Rafa telling the press several times he doesn't know whats happening regarding transfers. In the end Keegan walked going to court & proving Ashley was a liar sadly i can see the same thing happening again & in the end the biggest loseres will be the fans & NUFC.

It seems crackers that we spent £4-5mil each on a bunch of shite players like Lazaar, Saivet, Rivière and Hanley. We are now stuck trying to shift them out and we've gone out and bought the likes of Manquillo and Joselu who are equally as poor 

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It seems crackers that we spent £4-5mil each on a bunch of shite players like Lazaar, Saivet, Rivière and Hanley. We are now stuck trying to shift them out and we've gone out and bought the likes of Manquillo and Joselu who are equally as poor 

Aye, it is a waste as that first bunch of players have barely ever played for us and collectively cost 15-20m. We all knew Rafa was and is prone to buying some shite in the transfer market, the difference is he's usually able to bring in other more effective players but it seems like Ashley is putting the brakes on the spending so we're left having to play the missteps.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Every player we've brought in so far is essentially a squad player. Is there anyone good enough to improve our first team?

Arguably Lejeune, but only time will tell with him. I was impressed with Murphy whenever I saw him at Norwich and England U21s but he probably doesn't improve us now.

We've bought squad players for a squad that was already full of mediocre players but seriously lacking in quality. It's a false economy. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Every player we've brought in so far is essentially a squad player. Is there anyone good enough to improve our first team?

Spot on Ewerk we're all waiting for THAT big signing i.e. a bit of quality to the team not just another squad player. A couple of the new lads only got a start today because of injuries & Shelvey's suspension.

6 minutes ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Arguably Lejeune, but only time will tell with him. I was impressed with Murphy whenever I saw him at Norwich and England U21s but he probably doesn't improve us now.

We've bought squad players for a squad that was already full of mediocre players but seriously lacking in quality. It's a false economy. 

Aye, I'd forgotten about Lejeune. He should be a first team player.

When was the last time we had a player who could actually play the #10 position? Perez definitely can't do it - to be honest, I really struggle identifying just what position Perez is playing at any given time, which leads me to believe he is supposed to be "in the hole" but is just doing it very very badly.