Newcastle vs West Ham

LooneyToony

Goals Newcastle Score  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We had 37% possession :lol: West Ham are horrible but many positives to take from this game, namely Hayden and Merino in midfield and the properly channeled efforts from Ritchie.

1 minute ago, adios said:

:lol: Shhhhh!

Merino is class like.  And great composure from Mitro for his.

Wot? Wot you on about, mate?  There's no multiple choice. Only a pizza-making noob like Fish would do something like that. :razz:

Credit to Joselu for scoring in his first start.

Credit to Clark for his well placed header and clearance off the line.

Credit to Nitro for his clinical goal, I felt sure he was going to blast it.

Merino will look good with Shelvey in the middle.

Mbemba did alright out of position but was a bit of a liability on occasion.

Perez should not be a starter, he's too lightweight and and misses good chances to score.

I felt easier when we got the second goal as West Ham had taken control of the game in the second half.

33 minutes ago, OTF said:

We had 37% possession :lol: West Ham are horrible but many positives to take from this game, namely Hayden and Merino in midfield and the properly channeled efforts from Ritchie.

I don't think that sort of possession share will be uncommon this season. It's all good though; we weren't much of a possession side last year either. Much better on the counter attack.

Was there. First half I thought was dire by both sides. Second half was much better by us. But west ham were as shit as any side I saw last year. 

Let's be honest, 17th position will be a result this year, we've massively underinvested. Just got to try and get points whenever we can, which will mainly be from shit teams like west ham. 

6 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Great pass from Merino there on the first goal. Great vision.

If we can just get someone in this window for that #10 spot we may just have enough to stay up comfortably.  But we should look to bring in more if we can. In order of importance for me is a #10, LB, and CM.

14 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

on 5Live they made out Perez had a good game.

True?

In terms of taking his chances? No. Same Perez we've come to know the last year and a half or so.  A feather gives defenders more resistance.

35 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

True?

Until the last 10 minutes he was shite, poor first touch, woeful finishing and he is far too weak. Just gets brushed off it far too often. Plays every game though.

Much needed win, really happy to get it. West Ham were immensely shite mind. Agree with Renton above.

Nice to see Ritchie have a good game again. For all the criticism Mitro gets, he manages to maintain a very good strike rate despite never being a regular. 

2 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

Great pass from Merino there on the first goal. Great vision.

If we can just get someone in this window for that #10 spot we may just have enough to stay up comfortably.  But we should look to bring in more if we can. In order of importance for me is a #10, LB, and CM.

All it takes is one result and the bed wetters are silenced 

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

True?

Not true, even Lee Ryder gave him and Manquillo a 7 rating, all the rest were 8's & 9's in his player ratings.