Newcastle vs West Ham

LooneyToony

Goals Newcastle Score  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've watched it a few times here http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2017/08/26/gif-video-mitrovic-lanzini-incident-video-aleksandar-mitrovic-elbows-lanzini-goes-unpunished/

His arm isn't raised at all there isn't any great intent in it at all. If it was another player nothing would have been said. If anything it looks like he's trying to brush him off and he's made a meal of it.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

8 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Match Of The Day showing it in the1ir analysis is minging, puts pressure on the F.A which they'll probably succumb to

They love a manufactured drama.

5 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Match Of The Day showing it in the1ir analysis is minging, puts pressure on the F.A which they'll probably succumb to

Absolutely 

The West Ham player angled and lowered his head towards Mitro to make contact.Will the retrospective punishment panel be looking at every minute of every game this weekend before deciding if any punishment is required or only what tv will broadcast.I don't recall tv highlighting and/or tv pundits highlighting the stamp by the Huddersfield player last week.

7 minutes ago, Ant said:

Nothing in it tbh, didn't chicuritqo do something early on near the sideline as well? 

Thought Mitro did well for his goal esp after Hart made a good save for the earlier effort, can say what ya like about him but his games/goals ratio is pretty solid

This is true like - Mitro is a genuinely decent player. We shouldnt be getting rid.

On 8/27/2017 at 3:13 AM, LooneyToony said:

If we can just get someone in this window for that #10 spot we may just have enough to stay up comfortably. 

Could Merino or Shelvey be a #10, allowing us to have both in the team?  Or even swap between those positions during the game to keep the opposition on their toes?

Edited by RobinRobin

Not sure I can remember the last time a player looked immediately impressive like Merino did on Saturday. Shelvey's debut was good but this kid gave a complete midfield performance; winning tackles, winning headers, setting people up, going box to box. I sincerely hope it wasn't a one off.

• Like 1

My mate got some corporate freebies for the game so we were in the centenary suite.  Pop Robson did a bit chat before the game and Moncur came in afterwards.  I think he might have been taking even greater advantage of the free bar than I was as he made a point of saying how good he thought Clark played especially as he was out of position at leftback. 

8 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

My mate got some corporate freebies for the game so we were in the centenary suite.  Pop Robson did a bit chat before the game and Moncur came in afterwards.  I think he might have been taking even greater advantage of the free bar than I was as he made a point of saying how good he thought Clark played especially as he was out of position at leftback. 

He's got a point. Clark definitely was out of position if he was supposed to be our left back.

He's not the only one thinking Clark was at LB, Louise Taylor also got it wrong.

No sooner had the tiring Spanish centre-forward departed to a standing ovation – to be replaced by Aleksandar Mitrovic – than his side scored again. This time Ritchie danced past Lanzini before crossing sublimely for Clark to beat Hart with a header which went in off a post. Considering Clark, deployed out of position at left-back, had enjoyed an outstanding afternoon in defence there could hardly have been a more appropriate scorer.

Had to double check on whoscored.com's heatmap page, but Mbemba was definitely at LB

Edited by The Fish