Gayle

Kid Dynamite

Not sure about selling him, especially this late on in the window. Those reservations don't come from me thinking he's quality, it's more I think we'd be leaving it too late to get anyone and most of the options we've been linked with have already moved on. Coupled with Charnley's inability to make a deal quickly (unless he's selling someone), I think there's about an 80% chance it would leave us with Mitrovic and Joselu all season, with Perez as your de-facto 3rd choice and I'm not too sure about that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Not sure about selling him, especially this late on in the window. Those reservations don't come from me thinking he's quality, it's more I think we'd be leaving it too late to get anyone and most of the options we've been linked with have already moved on. Coupled with Charnley's inability to make a deal quickly (unless he's selling someone), I think there's about an 80% chance it would leave us with Mitrovic and Joselu all season, with Perez as your de-facto 3rd choice and I'm not too sure about that.

Agree with this although more generally I wonder if it's telling that only 2nd tier clubs seem interested in buying him.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

This.

Fulham will move again for Dwight Gayle in January

Fulham will move to sign Dwight Gayle from Newcastle United in January, according to reports.

The Mirror report that the Toon striker is likely to be on the move to Craven Cottage in the next transfer window.

It is no secret that Fulham were in for Gayle last week as the transfer window neared it’s final hours.

However, Newcastle were unable to find a replacement and therefore could not sanction the deal.

Reports had initially suggested Newcastle were looking for more than the £15m bid by the Cottagers but Newcastle did officially respond while they waited to try and secure an alternative.

But the Mirror’s reports says that Newcastle accepted the £15m offer, on the condition they found that new striker. Dwight Gayle is said to have also been keen on the move back to the capital, but any move fell through when Newcastle couldn’t line-up a replacement.o

Fulham are said to be ready to move again in January, with the Magpies then having a full month to find someone else.

Edited by trooper

With the club wanting rid of him & Gayle wanting to go i dont expect to see much of him on the pitch as he has these recurring confidence issues etc. With Mitrovic something of a liability on the pitch Joselu will no doubt be our main striker

Edited by trooper

If he wants to be away the best way for that to happen is for him to perform well though. It would increase his price but there's nothing to be gained for him (and no guarantee) Fulham will come back in for him if he does fuck all between now and January.

6 hours ago, trooper said:

Fulham will move again for Dwight Gayle in January

Fulham will move to sign Dwight Gayle from Newcastle United in January, according to reports.

The Mirror report that the Toon striker is likely to be on the move to Craven Cottage in the next transfer window.

It is no secret that Fulham were in for Gayle last week as the transfer window neared it’s final hours.

However, Newcastle were unable to find a replacement and therefore could not sanction the deal.

Reports had initially suggested Newcastle were looking for more than the £15m bid by the Cottagers but Newcastle did officially respond while they waited to try and secure an alternative.

But the Mirror’s reports says that Newcastle accepted the £15m offer, on the condition they found that new striker. Dwight Gayle is said to have also been keen on the move back to the capital, but any move fell through when Newcastle couldn’t line-up a replacement.o

Fulham are said to be ready to move again in January, with the Magpies then having a full month to find someone else.

Well, it will give Rafa four months to find a $5 million striker before he leaves.

1 hour ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Cairneys shite and I don't think Gayle wants to go just if he feels he's being flogged then there's only one option for him.

No, he isn't. Did you not see the Fulham home game last season where he was the main reason they took us apart that day? Showed he was a class above the Championship last season. Personally would have him in a heartbeat; would sort our #10 issue out.

49 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

He's had one decent season in his whole career and that was only in the Championship. He's Graham Dorrans 2.0.

Was good season before last as well. Better than anything we have at #10.

9 hours ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

He probably is. I just dont famcy paying 20 million for someone who is just a tiny bit better.

I don't want us to pay £20m for him either, however, going by how Demarai Gray is apparently worth more than £25m, Nathan Ake is £20m, maybe around £17m-£22m is the rate for him in this ridiculous market.