Gayle

Kid Dynamite

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

In a heartbeat.

How come? Do you not think he'll score goals in this division?

id like to keep him and add to the squad personally. 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

How come? Do you not think he'll score goals in this division?

id like to keep him and add to the squad personally. 

I can't see him scoring 10 league goals+

If we had a decent replacement lined up in the £15-20m region and the deal depended on Gayle going then I'd happily take that chance.

3 hours ago, ewerk said:

I can't see him scoring 10 league goals+

If we had a decent replacement lined up in the £15-20m region and the deal depended on Gayle going then I'd happily take that chance.

Same here. I'll be surprised if he scores 10. Not good enough for this league. Maybe a decent option off the bench when you need to put two up top to chase a game.

That said, Andrew is quite right. Little use assuming any fee would be invested in the squad.

2 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Same here. I'll be surprised if he scores 10. Not good enough for this league. Maybe a decent option off the bench when you need to put two up top to chase a game.

That said, Andrew is quite right. Little use assuming any fee would be invested in the squad.

Well if Rafa is willing to sell him, what are Rafas reasons for doing so? What you're claiming doesn't make sense to me. He's a significant financial asset regardless of anyone's opinion of his playing  ability him on here, Rafa has to sell to buy.  You and Andrew seem to be saying he'd be selling last seasons top scorer just to give Ashley the money?  

Maybe he's not fully recovered from his hamstring which happened last December and Rafa fancies someone more physically robust, or Joselu is his replacement and he's going to spend the money on a left back and a midfielder?... it seems nuts that we may be about to do this but this is what Ashley has laid down, that being the case I don't have a problem with it if it means Rafa getting closer to what he wants. 

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Well if Rafa is willing to sell him, what are Rafas reasons for doing so? What you're claiming doesn't make sense to me. He's a significant financial asset regardless of anyone's opinion of his playing  ability him on here, Rafa has to sell to buy.  You and Andrew seem to be saying he'd be selling last seasons top scorer just to give Ashley the money?  

It would be a good decision to sell him, I dont particularly rate him at this level. Rafa's reasons might be different. 

The point was that in any case its very optimistic to assume that a major chunk of the proceeds would be invested right back into the team given Ashley's history. Still think we should do it though, even if say 10 out of a 15M fee was reinvested. Just dont really rate him. Need someone with a bit more to his game to compliment Joselu/Mitro.

Edited by aimaad22

20 hours ago, Ant said:

Mitrovic including his first season in prem and last year (league games only) has played 3257 minutes of football a lot as subs/like yesterday 15-20 mins towards the end.

3257 league minutes (36games worth total) and has  14goals 10 assists

I don't get the big dislike for him from a lot of our lads tbh, ok he's a hothead and needs to reign it in, but he's 22 and is nearly a 1in2 striker mostly coming off the bench, he can and will get better and is already going /ok/.

We can do and have a lot worse tbh i'd be happy enough to keep him see Gayle go and i'd be delighted if we got Jovetic like.

ATM, at least I think he's better off the bench. Been unimpressed when I've seen him starting games with his general play, movement and mobility and he seems to go missing in the 2nd half. Haven't seen him start a lot of matches recently admittedly though. I don't really want to write him off but the last two times I've been to the match he's started and been really poor