Destiny 2

Rayvin

Just now, Ant said:

logged in after training last night and banged out the flashpoint and some faction rally stuff and logged off.

That was my plan last night but training was my first session with a PT and I was incapable of coherent thought or movement.

Rehearsals tonight as well, I've got too much shit to do to play my damn game!

I think we've finally got the raid done tonight. Although I might find another clan tbh, sick of being sidelined while inferior players get called up.

Nightfall seemed pretty straightforward. I've tried it with one other guy and we got to the boss before being overwhelmed, so with a third person it should be a breeze.

Well, our clan failed to complete it again last night, the clan leader has just told me that he's giving up on the whole thing, and everyone seems pissed at each other :lol:

Fuckin' noobs...

I just told him :lol: He is raging.

Apparently the core issue is that people are dying too much - and then I think they're wasting their revives bringing back inferior players.

I think I'll just grab two other relatively competent people from the clan and do it guided - that way we can get it done on the clan's behalf :D

On 29/09/2017 at 6:41 PM, Ant said:

I'm going try that guided option either tonight or tomorrow i think see how that goes

How did you get on? I'm hoping to get a run at the raid today. Have done everything else for the week and am presently 296. Ready as ill ever be.

Yeah the queuing thing is mad.

We finally finished it last night. I basically insisted I was on the team this time.

Still look way longer than it should've because people are slow (similar to what you've just described).

Still don't feel like I've totally done it though since I've not gone through front to back. Will try again next week.

Tried the prestige nightfall as a 2 man team. Tough going...

Yeah I can see that being a problem with random groups.

I've managed to persuade my lot to do a run this Saturday, front to back in one evening. Then at least I've got it done.

On one character at least.

22 minutes ago, Ant said:

going do same myself on friday i think get a group and run through it

see the downtime today is 4pm for 4hrs minumum again lol europe gets dicked in these maintenance windows , but i'm at footy training anyway

Yeah I was rationalising why that might be earlier (why they can't say 3am to 7am US time which would close out around 5pm over here) but I'm guessing it's because it will cost them more in terms of staffing to do it that way. Also, presumably external support organisations may not be responsive during such hours, if something actually went wrong.

Ok so, I've reached 299 now. Our clan has completed the raid in 3 hours this week, so it seems they've settled on a capable team now. I've got a slot for a run on Saturday.

Anyone done the nightfall this week yet?

Some from my clan tried the nightfall last night but ran out of time a few times.

We're having our first go at the raid tonight, which I'm looking forward to immensely, not expecting to get very far mind.

29 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm pretty sure a competent team can do it in a night :lol: Don't read anything into my clan's struggles.

Tbf to them, as I said, their second run took them 3 hours.

...yyyyeeaahhhhh :/

3 hours ago, Ant said:

did the nightfall, it's harder this week time wise but you can max out the time easily enough, got through the normal version with about 4minutes left, the yellow bar ogres are a pain in the hole on 300 level

almost did the prestige with two randomers who just did not push on quick enough, it's doable no doubt like with two better players though, we'd a third of a bar left on the boss when we ran outta time.

i'm 302 nearly 303 now, still got the crucible and raid weekly stuff to do, that'll be tonight or sunday prob

https://destinystatus.com/xbl/Ant LB3

Nice! I'm hoping to get over 300 this week tbh, especially with the Raid to complete and benefit from. I need a regular team for the Nightfalls I think - getting there with that though. I can't do them well with randoms, it's too hit and miss.

We did ok on the raid, considering none of us had done it before we got through the standard bearers far better than I expected us to.

The Garden defeated us however after a bunch of attempts, we were making progress but we were trying to do as much as possible without guides so overall I think we did quite well.

By the end of that we had all 9 of our clan online so we decided to break up into three teams of three and race the nightfall since we didn't have the clan engram for it yet which was loads of fun.

Sounds like a good evening! The garden and the final boss are the two rooms of the raid I've done. Not been online for completion of the other two bits. Garden is hard! In my case because half our team was incompetent :lol:

How did you get on with the nightfall? Took us 4 attempts, although we would have managed it on the third if one of our number hasn't accidentally disconnected halfway through the boss fight.

Edited by Rayvin

1 minute ago, Ant said:

aye same here i'm actually at the first bit of that rat king quest where ya need to do the patrols in a party... might just log the kid brothers xbox in and solo it all with him sitting there at level 6 or something lol

See the iron banner is out as well, but ignores lightlevels....so it's just crucible again then lol

i can see me getting fed up quicker than d1 with this game tbh, if i was an active pvper and the like i'd be fucking raging the way trials/iron banner is setup

guns aren't different enough and it'd be nice to buy the one i want sometime rather than hoping it drops, haven't got a single nameless midnight 

I know what you mean. I've not been playing this game as my sole focus which has improved it's longevity for me, but I do wonder what people are supposed to do once they hit 305. Start a new character I suppose. It's a good game but waiting 8 weeks for the next content drop is a bit of a killer.

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Sounds like a good evening! The garden and the final boss are the two rooms of the raid I've done. Not been online for completion of the other two bits. Garden is hard! In my case because half our team was incompetent :lol:

How did you get on with the nightfall? Took us 4 attempts, although we would have managed it on the third if one of our number hasn't accidentally disconnected halfway through the boss fight.

My team had two runs at it but it was completed by one of the other groups.

Got my clan engram and went to bed then so the nightfall remains uncompleted by me this week at the moment.