Destiny 2

Rayvin

25 minutes ago, Ant said:

if you're struggling for time there's a fairly easy trick for it this week if ya need it (prestiege it def helps)

when you get to the section that's in the big open area, do it, let the ghost open the door kill the two knights/ogre, then when you're running through the quiet rooms you'll get a new area loading bit at a set of doors (think it's the third big door ya pass through), let two of your team fire on ahead themselves, you run back to the big open area, kill the four anomolies which have now respawned, run to the doors again, run back kill them... rinse repeat till you've got max time or you've hit say 13-15mins left then run down and catch up with the team (killing other ones if you need to on the way and didn't max the time)

Nice! Will give that a try, thanks.

1 hour ago, Ant said:

if you're struggling for time there's a fairly easy trick for it this week if ya need it (prestiege it def helps)

when you get to the section that's in the big open area, do it, let the ghost open the door kill the two knights/ogre, then when you're running through the quiet rooms you'll get a new area loading bit at a set of doors (think it's the third big door ya pass through), let two of your team fire on ahead themselves, you run back to the big open area, kill the four anomolies which have now respawned, run to the doors again, run back kill them... rinse repeat till you've got max time or you've hit say 13-15mins left then run down and catch up with the team (killing other ones if you need to on the way and didn't max the time)

Ah ace, there was one of those for the Thaviks one as well...wonder if this is being done on purpose

Just watched the vid on that Nightfall exploit. I'm prestiging that tonight, that exploit is fantastic :D Pretty much 14 mins to defeat the boss. Still hard, but totally fricking possible.

Just noticed that there's a time cap on it though. You can't boost beyond a certain level. So it's useful but not OP. As you say, you need the other two to be really very good to force their way through.

Still going to give it a try.

Well done! Half way through one now. We did the dogs in 20 mins but the guys knew what they were doing. Baths done as well. We're in the relay now which is straightforward enough.

30 seconds off getting the rat king nightfall done as well...

Am 302 now.

Yeah sounds probable. I haven't really been dying anyway tbh, so not too worried on that front. What does no power boost mean? Like no supers or associated abilities? I'll miss the pulse grenades if they go...

We one phased the dogs last night so yeah, I agree that taking it to a second phase isn't going to represent a big problem. Mine had two pulse grenades in its eye sockets within 3 seconds of the alarm going off, so determined I was to not be the one who let the team down :D I think it died in about 6 seconds.

Yeah we just used that glitch to win it. I didn't have much of a say in it tbh, but all it really does is speed things up. I don't think it really makes anything easier in a more general sense since I wasn't dying to ads anyway.

But, the raid is done. I got a raid pulse rifle which must be some kind of cruel joke since I hate pulse rifles. Got an exotic engram which is a grenade launcher at 305 on the same slot as the pulse rifle.

So, ultimately, pointless.

Not too arsed about the prestige raid but I guess this gives me another week to run at the normal one. Our leaders were pretty good this time out but had to take charge myself sometimes in periods of uncertainty. Not natural leaders, I think. Good lads though, in the end.

Edited by Rayvin

The glitch definitely saves time, no question about it. Takes about 1 minute to pull off and saves about 5-10 in killing ads throughout the rest of the fight. Basically ensures your flimsier teammates don't die.

Our clan leader has the raid shotgun and my god :lol: He demonstrated it on one of the cabal standing outside the raid palace as you're running in at the start. It disintegrated him and the guy immediately behind him :D

This weeks nightfall is an absolute piece of piss. Finished it with a couple of mates first time out with more than 3 minutes remaining.

Iron Banner is on too which has been fun.

2 hours ago, Ant said:

(i#m aware i'm negative btw but there's a reason for it and everyone else being negative, including their "worlds first" teams are also giving off for similar reasons)

:D you never seem to quite like games that you play a lot of.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

:D you never seem to quite like games that you play a lot of.

Or tv shows he watches, films he's seen, food he's eaten, servers he uses, oxygen he breathes...

;)