Destiny 2

Rayvin

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Was meaning to start this thread, been playing too much Destiny to have time...

On PS4? What's your handle?

I'm 216 light level atm and just finished the main game. Ready for strikes and stuff.

You may be literally the only football fan on the planet with a console who doesn't.

How did this start?  Tell me about your relationship with your mother. :geek: 

Edited by adios
that's my best attempt at a therapist emoticon btw

18 minutes ago, adios said:

You may be literally the only football fan on the planet with a console who doesn't.

How did this start?  Tell me about your relationship with your mother. :geek: 

I used to but rocket league ruined it for me... it's just better fun and near enough to the principle:lol:

I guess if they take football sims down an 11 v 11 pvp route it might bring me back in. Not sure how well that would go in practice though.

I've had a couple of people raving about Rocket League; maybe I should give it a go.

New PES demo is fantastic btw.  They just better give Merino a better rating this time. <_<

Edited by adios

3 hours ago, Rayvin said:

On PS4? What's your handle?

I'm 216 light level atm and just finished the main game. Ready for strikes and stuff.

X1 I'm afraid

5 hours ago, Ant said:

bought it, not sure if i'll stick it out.

I was the point in D1 of being 1point of max light level  doing the hardmodes/challanges etc over two hunters every tuesday in an hour or so, 6weeks of that to get max light during the taken king, then I jacked it in, couldn't be bothered with the final expansion and another grinding session.

Got D2 and it seems somewhat the same (albeit way easier to get "rare" gear), see how it goes anyway, least it's less rage inducing than FIFA, the downside for me in Destiny was needing people to do the raids :lol: i was pretty happy when i got to the point i could pretty much solo most of them and didn't have to dick about on destiny tracker with those group finders.

Filled with kids and idiots, raids released 1 day and the posts are all LFM must have weaponx, must be experienced with raidboss x

the raids  in destiny are a piece of piss with all the glitches and stuff i never understood why people put such stringent requirements on them like, the way people crack up if they don't kill things first time etc, i was in a fairly high up eu-wow raiding guild though so maybe i'm just more patient for that stuff.

less rage inducing than FIFA anyway, going hold off till xmas at least on getting it, see if they fix the lag a bit

Perhaps you could have got some mates to do it with? :razz:

Aye, was a bit surprised by the end boss. As soon as a realised you effectively had infinite supers, that was it. Flaming hammers flying around everywhere :D

I don't think a single moment in the single player campaign was difficult really, which is a bit annoying. That said, I've been wiped out plenty in heroic events when there's only been me and one other guy facing them, so that's something.

Also attempted Nightfall but missed that it doesn't matchmake, so had to try it solo. Did not succeed.

Edited by Rayvin

10 hours ago, Ant said:

played a fair bit today, got from level 6>20 and 230something light

Heroic events are the way to go for leveling i jumped from 17>20 clearing one of them, end boss was a let down, stupidly easy.

Heroic raids are built for levelling, got up to 20 yesterday and 220ish power.

Raid is released on Wednesday, going to jump into some strikes and the nightfall before that.

I had a look at the microtransactions as well (professional curiosity of course) which were ok, I got a couple of decent bits of gear, lots of shaders, ships and a sparrow (thank fuck!).

46 minutes ago, Ant said:

can ya get gear from the everest stuff? I thought it was all "cosmetic" stuff (including ships/sparrows)

I doubt I'll get round to the raid this week tbh, footy training tomorrow/thursday will scupper that and not had time to look at grinding out some of the exotic weapon quests (or even what they are/consist of tbh)

i'm assuming the "enchanced" quests or the adventures kick those off and aren't repeatable? 

is there only three strikes as well all at the same power level?

You can get gear from Everis yeah, got two pieces of 10 rated armour (which made me laugh) but it can be infused to power it up so I went from rare gear to legendary on two slots that can continue to be upped to 350 in time, which is nice.

I think I got a gun from her as well but my weapons are changing so often as I gear up that I do not remember.

There are 5 strikes I believe (plus one more on PS4) it is only week 2 mind so more will be coming

Have managed to get to 253 but it's getting harder to push upwards now. Also, wtf are you meant to do with glimmer? I have the maximum allowable amount and can't think of any real use for it once I have the ship I want.

8 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Have managed to get to 253 but it's getting harder to push upwards now. Also, wtf are you meant to do with glimmer? I have the maximum allowable amount and can't think of any real use for it once I have the ship I want.

Scout reports yo. (well handy for engram farming)

Infusing gear has a glimmer cost too.

Finished the main story last night, 218 power now and ready to batter that upwards over the next couple of days.

If anyone is holding off finishing the story in favour of light grinding I advise finishing the story.

47 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Nice, thanks.

No worries, my preferred scout run is the EDZ, you can run in a loop picking up chests/dusklight and do public events as they show up as well.

I was getting to about 1 engram every 15/20 minutes at one point which is a solid return.

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No worries, my preferred scout run is the EDZ, you can run in a loop picking up chests/dusklight and do public events as they show up as well.

I was getting to about 1 engram every 15/20 minutes at one point which is a solid return.

Aye not bad that. I think I read the soft cap was 260 so it shouldn't be much longer until I stop getting the things anyway. Then it's strikes and raids I suppose.

Having said that I still don't really get how all of this works.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye not bad that. I think I read the soft cap was 260 so it shouldn't be much longer until I stop getting the things anyway. Then it's strikes and raids I suppose.

Having said that I still don't really get how all of this works.

Soft cap is 280 I think as the raid level is going to be 260.

What don't you get?