Rayvin

Destiny 2

Finished the main story last night, 218 power now and ready to batter that upwards over the next couple of days.

If anyone is holding off finishing the story in favour of light grinding I advise finishing the story.

17 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Scout reports yo. (well handy for engram farming)

Infusing gear has a glimmer cost too.

Nice, thanks.

47 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Nice, thanks.

No worries, my preferred scout run is the EDZ, you can run in a loop picking up chests/dusklight and do public events as they show up as well.

I was getting to about 1 engram every 15/20 minutes at one point which is a solid return.

33 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No worries, my preferred scout run is the EDZ, you can run in a loop picking up chests/dusklight and do public events as they show up as well.

I was getting to about 1 engram every 15/20 minutes at one point which is a solid return.

Aye not bad that. I think I read the soft cap was 260 so it shouldn't be much longer until I stop getting the things anyway. Then it's strikes and raids I suppose.

Having said that I still don't really get how all of this works.

11 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye not bad that. I think I read the soft cap was 260 so it shouldn't be much longer until I stop getting the things anyway. Then it's strikes and raids I suppose.

Having said that I still don't really get how all of this works.

Soft cap is 280 I think as the raid level is going to be 260.

What don't you get? 

Ah ok. So to be clear, you can grind up to 280 normally but then need exotic emblems from raids to progress further?

I think that's the bit I don't get, how do you get from 280 to 300 and what is meant by soft cap. If it's what I've set out above then I guess I do get it, but it's all speculation on my part.

Legendary/Exotics can level to a max of 350 according to the gear

As it stands I imagine that drops/engrams will cap at 280 with raid gear (and maybe exotics in general since you can only equip 2) maybe going higher until the DLC comes along.

57 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah ok. So to be clear, you can grind up to 280 normally but then need exotic emblems from raids to progress further?

I think that's the bit I don't get, how do you get from 280 to 300 and what is meant by soft cap. If it's what I've set out above then I guess I do get it, but it's all speculation on my part.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/11/16287908/destiny-2-raid-leviathan-power-level

just came across this.

• Like 1

when ya hit the glimmer cap just buy 30k's worth of random armor mods so you can use them with the legendary ones later to trade.

i came home there and hit 255, but it's unplayable so much lag it's ridiculous, did the flashpoint and nessus challenge and logged off 

265 is around the point where you start to struggle to gain ground afaik, and you need to lookout for weapons/armor to infuse that have the +5 mods on them

i'm also willing to bet the raid will be beaten on day one (prob less than 5hrs if the servers aren't unplayable), lads were beating the prestige 300 nightfall with teams on 280 last week

I'm 256 now, barely got any play time in at all last night what with their maintenance problems.

Was planning to do nightfall but couldn't one of the others I intended to play with had given up for the night by the time servers reappeared. I guess we'll try tonight.

Looking forward to the raid, although I've a long way to go before I'm eligible to play it I guess! Had 280 in mind.

I got none done last night, shame as I eventually got all my other shit done at just after 8 when the work was meant to be finished and then found it was due to run another couple of hours :/

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Was annoying. An initial 4 hour down time that became 7 hours.

Hope that's not a regular feature.

Meh, it happens sometime, they're still better for it than fifa.

even when they did come up it was entirely unplayable so you missed nothing tbh, couldn't seen npc's so laggy i was finishing events then having to sit for 2 mins for the chests to load, items all blank etc

I'd say they're worse than fifa for it tbh, in D1 the amount of times you got booted out to the login screen during raids was mental, the voice chat was so bad initially between quality or people not being able  to speak/hear other people while the other half of the team could that most people used the xbox party chat instead.

The Firefly bug in D1 used to annoy the fuck outta me, the amount of times you'd get returned to orbit because of it triggering meant you couldn't reliably use some guns you're supposed to for the raids... took them  over a year/multiple expansions to fix it iirc (a couple of updates into the taken king)

Raids beaten, was released at 6 and beaten before midnight... i wasn't far off, few teams already at the last boss and all 

Most time was wasted it seems on figuring out a few mechanics and wtf to go in general

played a bit tonight , upto 262 so i'll prob give the nightfall a go as well this week

was a lads account i was looking at earlier who has one of each class and all of them over 280... in all seriousnes that's a fucking mental amount of time spent in a week.

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Could he have done that by trading gear through vaults?

Potentially but the rewards for that are bigger if you use a single class across accounts.

Regardless thats 3 story completions to unlock the best gear/merchants.

Some people have gone utterly mad on time spent mind you so he might well have just battered it.

I'm at 229 as of last night, I had loads of fun "grinding" up some gear last night, its very rewarding feeling to leg it round completing challenges, getting chests, doing events etc.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Potentially but the rewards for that are bigger if you use a single class across accounts.

Regardless thats 3 story completions to unlock the best gear/merchants.

Some people have gone utterly mad on time spent mind you so he might well have just battered it.

I'm at 229 as of last night, I had loads of fun "grinding" up some gear last night, its very rewarding feeling to leg it round completing challenges, getting chests, doing events etc.

Aye it is enjoyable. Although I'm getting frustrated that when I'm event farming, I end up totally alone on certain events. It's pointless to even engage with them at that point as while I may be able to trigger the heroic aspect, I sure as shit can't then complete it in the time frame.

I think I'm now at the point where this method has potentially run it's course though. That link you sent me suggested that I should now switch to weekly milestones to level up.

16 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Could he have done that by trading gear through vaults?

no it was the login screen i seen as well, all three had 280+ ratings at the same time.

I'd have done the vault thing in D1 i ran two hunters every week

I can solo a few, the heroic walker one (where ya get the scorch cannons), and the witch ritual although it can get overwhleming if the tether doesn't massacre everything in the middle, and the excavation  one where you guard glimmer

you'd have no mission around 260 soloing the big excavator thing when you need to blow up the vents while burning, and without a rocket launcher i can't get the ship blown up to trigger the other excavation thing (on io)

i'll maybe try nightfall tonight but likewise  i'm doing those enchanced quests, about to get the mida multi tool

banged out those enhanced quests and the nightfall (pug cleared it first attempt no hassle) sitting at 273 now

i've two fecking exotics that are 280+ though need one in the primary slot that's normal and high instead

I think the easiest way to break 270+ is to make a second character, grind it out to 20 without doing more than the shite story mode/public events

then transfer the gear over, do the enhanced quest lines etc and get 300 gear... tempted to do that to get closer to 300 but see how much time i have over the next week or so

upto level 14 on a second hunter just going try grind it to 20 then swap gear over get the end game quests done to boost my level