Destiny 2

Rayvin

Ah ok. So to be clear, you can grind up to 280 normally but then need exotic emblems from raids to progress further?

I think that's the bit I don't get, how do you get from 280 to 300 and what is meant by soft cap. If it's what I've set out above then I guess I do get it, but it's all speculation on my part.

Legendary/Exotics can level to a max of 350 according to the gear

As it stands I imagine that drops/engrams will cap at 280 with raid gear (and maybe exotics in general since you can only equip 2) maybe going higher until the DLC comes along.

57 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah ok. So to be clear, you can grind up to 280 normally but then need exotic emblems from raids to progress further?

I think that's the bit I don't get, how do you get from 280 to 300 and what is meant by soft cap. If it's what I've set out above then I guess I do get it, but it's all speculation on my part.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/9/11/16287908/destiny-2-raid-leviathan-power-level

just came across this.

• Like 1

I'm 256 now, barely got any play time in at all last night what with their maintenance problems.

Was planning to do nightfall but couldn't one of the others I intended to play with had given up for the night by the time servers reappeared. I guess we'll try tonight.

Looking forward to the raid, although I've a long way to go before I'm eligible to play it I guess! Had 280 in mind.

I got none done last night, shame as I eventually got all my other shit done at just after 8 when the work was meant to be finished and then found it was due to run another couple of hours :/

16 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Was annoying. An initial 4 hour down time that became 7 hours.

Hope that's not a regular feature.

Meh, it happens sometime, they're still better for it than fifa.

9 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Could he have done that by trading gear through vaults?

Potentially but the rewards for that are bigger if you use a single class across accounts.

Regardless thats 3 story completions to unlock the best gear/merchants.

Some people have gone utterly mad on time spent mind you so he might well have just battered it.

I'm at 229 as of last night, I had loads of fun "grinding" up some gear last night, its very rewarding feeling to leg it round completing challenges, getting chests, doing events etc.

2 hours ago, Andrew said:

Potentially but the rewards for that are bigger if you use a single class across accounts.

Regardless thats 3 story completions to unlock the best gear/merchants.

Some people have gone utterly mad on time spent mind you so he might well have just battered it.

I'm at 229 as of last night, I had loads of fun "grinding" up some gear last night, its very rewarding feeling to leg it round completing challenges, getting chests, doing events etc.

Aye it is enjoyable. Although I'm getting frustrated that when I'm event farming, I end up totally alone on certain events. It's pointless to even engage with them at that point as while I may be able to trigger the heroic aspect, I sure as shit can't then complete it in the time frame.

I think I'm now at the point where this method has potentially run it's course though. That link you sent me suggested that I should now switch to weekly milestones to level up.

Thanks for the advice on levelling guys, finally managed to get to 274. Can now do the raid I guess.

The downside is that I got given a level 283 pulse rifle. I hate those and judging by the numbers it's gonna be with me for some time. I also have a 273 sidearm which I hope I can move on soon.

Getting the hang of exotic management now. What are your levels?

Im doing the MIDA quest now, the mini tool is excellent on its own (imo) I also picked up the exotic fusion rifle from Xur which is a beast on boss level enemies.

http://destinystatus.com/xbl/IamC0ntrol

Thats me, currently 266, looking to get a good session in strikes etc with a couple of mates tomorrow, we managed to get time together for about 30 mins tonight for the first time and it was a blast!

Nice, good job guys. I managed tobget to 276 tonight since I passed nightfall for the first time and got the rewards.

Still have the stupid pulse rifle.

I'm trying to pull together enough people for the raid. I'm in a clan but I prefer to play with people I know.

Have you tried trials of the 9 yet? I gather people are ddos attacking other players ffs...

Edited by Rayvin

I've got 1/3 of the ratking thing done. Haven't really looked at it properly, and not sure where that 1/3 came from.

I need to do Stuarm still. Clans are actually pretty good - the one I'm in has completed all of it's weekly stuff, so I've got quite a lot of reward from it. Plus it's an extra milestone to get rewarded for - contribute 5000 clan XP each week.

Looking forward to hitting 280 to open the mods up as you say. Will maybe try to make it tonight.

6 minutes ago, Ant said:

ya have to be in fireteams for all the rat king stuff, fireteams for patrols, public events, crucible then the nightfall with over 5mins left

Off work today, maybe see if i can try the raid but i sense getting a group at 283 might still be a ball ache tbh

Assume you're on XBox as well? If not, I'll happily join you when I get back from work and you can carry me to victory :lol:

17 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Dammit :lol:

Why did you guys go for it on Xbox then? The first one was just PS4 wasn't it? Unless I'm misremembering.

You are, it was on 360, PS3, XBOX1 and PS4 and PC.

As for clans, they're handy for sure, getting crucible engrams despite not playing a single match (I am not fond of PVP) is great.

Not sure yet what happens with the clan level thing...we're at 93/100k experience for level 1 so I guess I'll find out soon.

I suppose we're all console peasants at the end of the day. I was tempted by the PC version but it's not out until the end of next month I think. Crazy in this day and age.

Our clan has recently brought in someone who has completed Trials of the Nine. It's kind of like buying a high profile football player :D He's going to be popular over the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, Andrew said:

I can't be arsed with PC gaming tbh. 

Agreed with respect of the culture, but the games are just so much more responsive... I'm in the top 2% of players in the world on Rocket League on the PC, and the bottom 0.00001% on the PS4 :lol:

@adios have you seen enough in here yet to convince you to get this? ;) I need people who have the PS4 version for raiding :D 

Edited by Rayvin

Just now, Rayvin said:

Agreed with respect of the culture, but the games are just so much more responsive... I'm in the top 2% of players in the world on Rocket League on the PC, and the bottom 0.00001% on the PS4 :D

@adios have you seen enough in here yet to convince you to get this? ;) I need people who have the PS4 version for raiding :D 

Its the barrier to entry, I am happy sitting back with a controller for gaming, my pc needs to be able to do media but I cant be bothered with how much Id want to spend on a gaming pc or on the upkeep

Ive got enough expensive hobbies.