Swansea vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Chuffed with that. Lascelles MOTM imo. Thought we were clearly the better side in both halves, Swansea offered fuck all and got away with murder all game. 

Big result for us as it boosts the confidence further on the back of the win at home against West Ham. 

Despite the fact we still don't offer as much as I'd hope going forward Joselu definitely provides threat and is a nuisance for defenders. 

This is going pretty well so far despite the concerns we had. 6 points from 4 games is totally acceptable IMO. We're not pretty but we're set up for counter attacking and set pieces (I guess) and we're doing it well. Might get found out later in the season but hopefully we'll get over the line.

Edited by Rayvin

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Good result. Perez needs to be dropped though and Aarons needs to be getting more game time. Maybe stick Richie at no.10

Agreed, he's so wasteful and even though he sometimes finds himself in good positions his awareness is so poor the ball always seems to catch him by surprise. If we do nothing else in January we desperately need a no. 10. 

Just now, Rayvin said:

This is going pretty well so far despite the concerns we had. 6 points from 4 games is totally acceptable IMO. We're not pretty but we're set up for counter attacking and we're doing it wrll. Might get found out later in the season but hopefully we'll get over the line.

I've said all along we'll be nowhere near relegation. No arsehole players, good attitude throughout the squad. Well organised and hard to break down. Sure we're not bursting at the seams with quality but we make up for it in just about all other areas. 

• Like 1

Impressive that Swansea have retained their style of 'all fart and nee shite' through 3 managers now. Fucking bunch of slugs. 

We need to sign Merino for the quoted amount if players like Sanches cost £10m to loan. 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Good result. Perez needs to be dropped though and Aarons needs to be getting more game time. Maybe stick Richie at no.10

:lol: you keep saying that about Ritchie, you and Gloom. It's the sort of shit we annihilated Pardew fior.

Good win, massive improvement on the Huddesfield performance. Got to be happy with only 3 goals conceded in 4 games with 4 different back 4s.  I never thought we'd look out of place in this league v anyone outside the top 6 despite the pigs ear of a transfer window. 

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Impressive that Swansea have retained their style of 'all fart and nee shite' through 3 managers now. Fucking bunch of slugs. 

We need to sign Merino for the quoted amount if players like Sanches cost £10m to loan. 

The deal's already agreed if he plays a certain number of games, so it's grand so it is. tbs tbs.

• Like 1

Gamez.........I've harped on long enough about him playing left-back.

Perhaps Rafa should stay away more often.

Starting Perez is like getting an immediate red-card and having ten men.

Great result I never expected, I thought we would lose.

Whoopeee.

55 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Rather the opposite to be honest, the wanking over his "tidy and competent" play on here after the Huddersfield game was way over the top, he was 7/10 at best in that game and that's being very generous. First half against West Ham, toiled for not much, overhit pass that Atsu managed to rescue for the first goal. I'll grant the second half may have been a huge improvement as I didn't see it. 

I understand the urge to want him to be good as he's one of the few signings we made to improve a bang average team. But trying to be objective, he looks at home in our side, because he's looked as average as the rest of them. That said he looks far better than Sanches today. 

This is not the argument to be doubling down on tbh.  One of the best players on the pitch today.

Rafa's pulled a blinder given what he was(n't) given to spend.  Ironically the player who's looked weakest was the only one he spent proper money on.

Ashley's a genius.

14 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Radio 5 did nowt but hope Swansea would equalise in the last 5 minutes,the cockney bastards.

I think a lot of that is down to the fact all the pundits (at least the ones on Telly) favoured Swansea heavily over us, so when we were comfortably better it showed them up for knowing fuck all. 

In fact at one point the commentators were bigging Swansea up and including their run from the end of last season despite the fact their two star players from that side are no longer there. 

I can understand some looking at our side and deciding it's shite and predicting us to get beat. But you'd think somebody like Lawrenson with his Liverpool connection would know what Benitez sides are all about. The daft cunt.

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I can understand some looking at our side and deciding it's shite and predicting us to get beat. But you'd think somebody like Lawrenson with his Liverpool connection would know what Benitez sides are all about. The daft cunt.

Aye I can too. Lawrenson is and has always been a fucking disaster of a bloke, how he still has a job as a pundit in any capacity is beyond me. Does anyone, of any fanbase, respect his opinion?

What bothered me about the coverage was how much they overrate Swansea, I can understand (to a certain degree) them wanking over Sanches since the last time most have seen him play was the Euros where he was young player of the tournament, but they were banging on about Tom Carrolls technical ability ffs :lol: . 

This is exactly the sort of match we need to be winning to avoid a relegation battle. Top half after four games. It's still early doors but a solid start. We just have to hope that injuries and suspensions don't fuck us over during the season.