Swansea vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

He's just not cut out for that role as he hasn't got a range of passing or amazing shooting ability. He also seems a bit afraid to get involved as much as he's surrounded by the opposition's centre mids and centre backs meaning he has little to not time on the ball. Whereas when played out wide or as a striker he can concentrate on isolating one or maybe 2 of the opposition defenders and has more time on the ball.

This.

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

I agree with pretty much all of this.  My greatest frustration with him is that we've seen ability yet most of the time we get no product from him at all.  And a lot of the time I feel he's a passenger.  We could afford this in the Championship but it's going to cause us a lot more problems this season.  Like you say, we just need better.  I can't for the life of me understand why it wasn't our first target in the summer.  I don't recall even getting linked with many.

Given that Rafa played DeJong in preseason I wonder if that was his plan for the season? On the assumption that we wouldn't get a buyer for the sicknote.