Swansea vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: you keep saying that about Ritchie, you and Gloom. It's the sort of shit we annihilated Pardew fior.

Good win, massive improvement on the Huddesfield performance. Got to be happy with only 3 goals conceded in 4 games with 4 different back 4s.  I never thought we'd look out of place in this league v anyone outside the top 6 despite the pigs ear of a transfer window. 

Wingers moving to central positions is hardly a leftfield move and Ritchie definitely looks like he has the quality to play behind the striker.

I'm for finding a way to get your 11 best players in the team. We have options out wide and no obvious natural number 10. No brainer 

I remember Gerrard getting a pen vs Shef Utd a few years ago when no contact was made and the establishment decided he had the right to anticipate what would have been a foul if he hadn't dived over it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Meriino is charged after Carragher and that cunt Webb see it.

Also Ritchie's next iffy tackle will get a red - they'll have orders to atone.

(Bitter and paranoid after decades of this shite).

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

I remember Gerrard getting a pen vs Shef Utd a few years ago when no contact was made and the establishment decided he had the right to anticipate what would have been a foul if he hadn't dived over it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Meriino is charged after Carragher and that cunt Webb see it.

Also Ritchie's next iffy tackle will get a red - they'll have orders to atone.

(Bitter and paranoid after decades of this shite).

You're not wrong though. When people like Gerrard and Ibrahimovic, Vardy etc go down without a touch it's genius at work. Cunts. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wingers moving to central positions is hardly a leftfield move and Ritchie definitely looks like he has the quality to play behind the striker.

I'm for finding a way to get your 11 best players in the team. We have options out wide and no obvious natural number 10. No brainer 

No, that's the sort of daftness that held Englands so called "golden generation" back, picking the 11 best players in the country with no thought of balance, square pegs in round holes. The likes of Thierry Henri and Gareth Bale started wide but ffs Ritchie is a long way off that level. Not denying it's a problem who to play with the central striker, but this isn't the solution for me either in the short or long term.  Diame should start v Stoke instead of the frankly anonymous Perez. Failing that put Shelvey in there, it's a more natural position for him than Ritchie iyam. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This whole Mane red card is getting on my tits. If you rake your studs down someones face at head height, leaving them bleeding and needing oxygen while stretchered off the pitch in a neck brace then of course its a fucking red card!

https://twitter.com/football_ie/status/906511488646565888

Aye it's fucking horse shite. All this about him being a keeper or protected is wank. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

This whole Mane red card is getting on my tits. If you rake your studs down someones face at head height, leaving them bleeding and needing oxygen while stretchered off the pitch in a neck brace then of course its a fucking red card!

https://twitter.com/football_ie/status/906511488646565888

Agreed...

player is guilty of serious foul play if he uses excessive. force or brutality against an opponent when challenging for the ball when it is in play. − “Using excessive force” means that the player has far. exceeded the necessary use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent. Serious Foul Play.

Thing is that wording does actually appear to incriminate Ritchie too but the ref saw it and dealt with it so the media kicking he'll get for having the temerity to wear a black and white shirt will be thankfully a moot point. 

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Wouldn't it be quite literally a left field move for Ritchie?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lackie92 said:

If we had drawn 0-0 it would have felt like points dropped. We looked the more likely to score throughout the game. Elliot, Gamez, Clark, Lascelles, and Merino were solid.

Great away win, definitely deserved.

Aye all of those players did well. There's a proper player in Merino somewhere. 

Atsu and Perez were horrible at the end mind.

Nice to get a little bit of confidence going at the start of the season.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tom said:

Same reason why BAYERN MUNICH SUPERSTAR  & "sensational transfer coup for Swansea" was allowed to boot Joselu square in the knackers and get away with it.

Enjoyed how utterly rubbish Sanches was today though :D

I'm glad Ritchie got booked for it as the way some people are blowing up about it he'd have definitely got that FA committee on his case.

For me the Mane challenge was very different, Ritchie was trying to nick the ball away before it arrived at Mawson whereas the Mane challenge was a direct 50/50 with both players charging at the ball in opposite directions. We see similar to Ritchie's at least once a game, whereas the Mane one is rarer. Again I'm bringing up the one by the Hudds player on Mbemba which was if not worse then at least on par with Ritchie's and the lad didn't get anything against him for it so the mackems and media crew can fuck right off. 

I'd maybe stick Shelvey or Ritchie there and let Hayden/Merino play defensively as they're mature enough to handle it.

Ayoze/Diame seem to be doing the square root of fuck all so I don't see why not.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'd maybe stick Shelvey or Ritchie there and let Hayden/Merino play defensively as they're mature enough to handle it.

Ayoze/Diame seem to be doing the square root of fuck all so I don't see why not.

I meant the player hiding inside Merino. ;)

It's a fucking dilemma, though.  No one seems the right fit which I guess is why we get feckin' Perez every week.

I'd like to see Shelvey beside Merino.