Swansea vs Newcastle

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Fantastic save. Seeing some great leaps and headers from Joselu.

Shocking dive from - imo - a nothing player in Merino. I've seen nothing about him to convince me. He looks about the same as Sanches. No impact on the game. 

I thought it was a dive but look for the number 16 pulling his arm if you watch it again. 

This is our first team apart from the back four and we're shite. 

Decent half from our lot. Swansea were always going to have the possession stat but I thought we had the better chances, looked more threatening, and went forward with more purpose. I've been impressed again by Joselu, and Murphy isn't panicked in possession which is nice to see. Gamez looks competent as well which makes me wonder why he isn't used more. 

6 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Shocking dive from - imo - a nothing player in Merino. I've seen nothing about him to convince me. He looks about the same as Sanches. No impact on the game. 

Did you see the West Ham match?  Talented going forward and gets stuck in.  Proper Basque.

Fuck off with that diving though; no time for it.

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Sanches should have been booked there imo, can't just kick a bloke in the dick ffs. 

Yeah wtf was he at there, just blatantly kicking at the cock with no play on the ball. They're certainly getting the rub od the green on decisions. The yellow for Hayden comes to mind there as their player blatantly played for that contact.

Merino's dive was most egregious because it was a nice touch that took the ball past the defender, blatantly coached into him which is not an excuse so much as an explanation I'd have absolutely no issue with a retrospective yellow being issued.

Just now, NJS said:

I thought he took a swing at Merino when he was "injured" as well. 

Aye, so far he's looked pretty dirty imo and has gotten away with at least one handball. I actually think he meant to kick Joselu there, he surely knew there was no way the ball was going to go there since a persons entire body was in the way. 

He's also given the ball away nearly every time he has touched it. 

15 minutes ago, acrossthepond said:

Apart from being our best player against West Ham and the best player for Spain u21s last week, then aye, he's shite

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Apart from being our best player against West Ham and the best player for Spain u21s last week, then aye, he's shite

Think he's good me like, shows spirit and leadership, he got back and took one for the team when Hayden was injured upfield then got right into the refs face for not stopping play. 

• Like 1

I like watching Merino tbf. He's been head and shoulders above Sanches in this match. His positioning and passing is very good plus he doesn't shirk from a challenge. I hope we do manage to make his move permanent as I think he's a steal for the quoted £5m-£6m when you consider players like Tom Carroll and Fabian Delph are in the £12m+ range now. 

• Like 1

Rather the opposite to be honest, the wanking over his "tidy and competent" play on here after the Huddersfield game was way over the top, he was 7/10 at best in that game and that's being very generous. First half against West Ham, toiled for not much, overhit pass that Atsu managed to rescue for the first goal. I'll grant the second half may have been a huge improvement as I didn't see it. 

I understand the urge to want him to be good as he's one of the few signings we made to improve a bang average team. But trying to be objective, he looks at home in our side, because he's looked as average as the rest of them. That said he looks far better than Sanches today.