Newcastle vs Stoke

LooneyToony

How many goals will Newcastle score?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good game to watch, great win, but there were nail-biting times, especially after they equalized.

Joselu? perhaps that should be Joselulu. He should have scored 2 goals.

Couple of brilliant saves from Elliott.

Perez is still too lightweight.

Mbemba did alright out of position BUT............ I have to question why Benitez didn't play Gamez after his good performance last week.

Good goal by Lascells BUT.....................he should have scored with his earlier chance.

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Can't believe we've won 3 in a row like :lol:

Rafa is honest to fuck the best thing that's happened to this club in a decade.

For me, it's the way he has transformed our defence that stands out, you have to go back to Robson times last time we were this organised. And no offence to the players, but from Elliot onwards they're not great. But Rafa had them playing superbly as a unit.

We don't have much possession, but when we do, we're efficient with it. But oddly, we're not really a counter-attacking side either in the normal sense. I don't know what we are but it's enjoyable to watch.

15 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Good game to watch, great win, but there were nail-biting times, especially after they equalized.

Joselu? perhaps that should be Joselulu. He should have scored 2 goals.

Couple of brilliant saves from Elliott.

Perez is still too lightweight.

Mbemba did alright out of position BUT............ I have to question why Benitez didn't play Gamez after his good performance last week.

Good goal by Lascells BUT.....................he should have scored with his earlier chance.

Because Diouf was all over Darmian last weekend so Rafa counteracted their strength.

19 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It doesn't sit well with me saying the players aren't very good and Rafa has worked miracles. The number of piss takers we've had wear the shirt in recent years these players deserve huge credit. 

Fair enough but I think our present cohort of players would struggle without the organization Rafa has given. I'm not insulting the players, but, Lascelles aside, I don't see them bring hunted by a top 6 side, do you?

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Fair enough but I think our present cohort of players would struggle without the organization Rafa has given. I'm not insulting the players, but, Lascelles aside, I don't see them bring hunted by a top 6 side, do you?

It's a young side but plenty of potential for some of them to be sought after if they carry on as they are. They might not be doing step overs and rabonas but you can't just stick anyone out there and drill them to perform. They're a good, mentally strong group and I'd take that over a Ben Arfa all day long.

When did zonal marking become so popular? I know it's been creeping into the English game the past few years but we've seen in consecutive games why it's shit. Even an old school British coach like Hughes using it. Bizarre.

I'm sure continental football enthusiasts will say I'm wrong and it works if employed correctly, but if you don't go man for man from a set piece you're just allowing the attackers a free run at you. I don't get it. Lascelles couldn't have scored two easier headers from corners. He should have had a second today from an earlier corner when we was again allowed to run in unmarked to attack the ball, but missed the target.

Edited by Dr Gloom

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I don't see the advantage of marking space from a set piece. You're basically just allowing the attacker a free run on you.

Aye that's the risk you take with it at set pieces. The argument for it is it's more disciplined and your defenders aren't getting dragged around the box by opposition movement. Don't know which way proves most effective though