Knives still out for Souness?

Renton

Good article in the Ronnie Gill this afternoon. Pretty much spot on about Souness's pathetic excuses. Strangely though, it appears to be anonymous.

Passing the buck instead of the ball Jan 25 2006

By The Evening Chronicle

It has been Graeme Souness' mantra that the shockingly poor performances his team have put in this season haven't really been his fault.

It's all been down to injuries and the lack of players available to him. This is a position his captain Alan Shearer does not appear to share completely, but nevertheless I want to look at the players Souness has had available to him.

On Saturday, Souness had virtually his first-choice back-line to choose from but for Steven Carr needing a hernia operation.

Steven Taylor, even with his inexperience, is being touted as the club's best central defender, but he is unavailable for the rest of the season.

Nevertheless, Souness had Boumsong and Bramble in the middle and Babayaro at left-back. I don't need to remind supporters that both Boumsong and Babayaro were Souness buys.

Only 12 months ago Bramble was being touted as a product of Souness' coaching and man-management skills, on the basis of a couple of games without making an enormous rick.

Bramble has gone backwards rapidly under Souness, making a massive blunder in every game.

Bramble looks like he has everything to be a quality centre-half but is as great an example of the ineptitude of the current coaching team as you will find. Alongside him is French international Boumsong - £8.5m and lacking the basics of defending!

Babayaro at left-back almost exactly a year on from the time he came to Gallowgate looks as disinterested as he did when he first arrived. Let's not forget - Boumsong and Babayaro are Souness' men, these are the "proper players" the man spoke about.

Going forward we have the figure of £9.5m figure of Albert Luque. We're told to be patient. I'm all for giving players a chance but like other supporters I'm bewildered what a lad with no pace and apparently no heart will do to improve the sum total of Geordie happiness.

These players, the "proper players" our manager promised us, are apparently doing their best. Souness reckons he still has the support of the players.

What this means is they haven't broken ranks and spoken to the media behind his back and are happy to keep the nonsense passing for management behind closed doors.

Naturally, we have to concede Souness does not have a full complement of players at his disposal. He does not have Amdy Faye for first-team duty. What a great loss he is eh?

Of course, Souness has not been able to choose Craig Moore either. Anyone know what he looks like?

Emre looks a smashing little footballer but is clearly injury-prone and his move from Inter to NUFC hasn't made any difference.

And yet Souness hangs on. What great determination, great spirit, what great desire.

Stop laughing at the back.

Oliver/Shepherd wrote that imo.

84373[/snapback]

Sometimes I think Oliver is Shepherd's nomme de plume tbh.

On a more serious note, I certainly reckon the Chronicle are doing this with Shepherd's backing, and it will no doubt go on until Souness is gone.

Am I right in thinking tht article is unattributed? If so, wonder why.

Truth hurts mind.

My thinking all along is about how many of the recent teams Souness has put out would change, in reality its usually about four players not the 8 to 11 bollocks he keeps stating.

Oliver/Shepherd wrote that imo.

84373[/snapback]

Sometimes I think Oliver is Shepherd's nomme de plume tbh.

On a more serious note, I certainly reckon the Chronicle are doing this with Shepherd's backing, and it will no doubt go on until Souness is gone.

84379[/snapback]

Can you remember the rumour that went around about SBR going to FS about wanting to root out and fire whoever was the mole at the club giving info to the Chronic? And FS supposedly telling him that wasn't possible as HE was the mole! :huh: Sounds about right.

Fanzine views: Passing the buck

Jan 25 2006

By Michael Martin of True Faith fanzine, The Evening Chronicle

84396[/snapback]

As I understand it the lack of certain key words should have given the hint that it wasn't the GREAT Anal O. who wrote this excellent piece of work ... notice also the lack of mentioning that Brett Emerton will be a Newcastle player by the end of the week...

Jan 25 2006

84396[/snapback]

Good spot. Come on Renton, calm down, check your sources. :huh:

84400[/snapback]

That's odd, they must have changed the website. Honest! :search:

Jan 25 2006

84396[/snapback]

As I understand it the lack of certain key words should have given the hint that it wasn't the GREAT Anal O. who wrote this excellent piece of work ... notice also the lack of mentioning that Brett Emerton will be a Newcastle player by the end of the week...

84399[/snapback]

You can tell it isn't by Anal Oliver because it doesn't mention the following things:

Alan Oliver

His fall out with Robert that he won't mention again

Alan Oliver

Craig Bellamy

at least one geordie player, preferably 2-3 of them

Alan Oliver

"a club source"