Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

i was thinking a half season loan, but yeah you're probably right and i doubt stoke would sell to us anyway. just thought he'd be a good fit and rafa signed him for liverpool back in the day didn't he

8 starts, 18 appearances according to their website which suggests he's still an important squad member (joint top scorer with 4 :lol: ) and it would make little sense to allow him to come to us given our respective circumstances. Agree he'd be a decent signing though

I’ve not been watching Big Brother but it’s in the news this morning that John Barnes has been telling people he was brought up homophobic and won’t be changing his mind at 54, or words to that effect.

This is a bloke who campaigns against racism. Is he really that fucking stupid? 

12 minutes ago, StoneColdStephenIreland said:

Pardew would have been sacked 3 times if he had the record he had at us, at Watford.

Rafa, going on the rest of this seasons dismissals, should've been toast before Christmas. I think owners have a fair idea what's coming when the new tv deal is announced and they're getting jumpy as fuck. The new deal doesn't kick till 2019-20 but it would appear very few are willing to even contemplate gambling on survival.....apart from one or two notable exceptions :glare:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/04/amazon-holds-talks-premier-league-uk-tv-rights/

Money's already fucked the game into next week, so let's pour more money in (and then complain that teams don't have a go at sides 10x better). :good:  

If anything the TV deals are helping the league become more even. Clubs can afford to dig their heels in and demand stupid prices now when bigger clubs hawk their players. And the monopoly of the top 4, where champions league income was keeping other clubs from breaking into it has eroded compared to 10 years ago. It has however made it more difficult for teams coming up. All 3 promoted teams this season are doing well.

12 minutes ago, adios said:

Where's the evidence of the league evening up?

Up to the end of the 2010/11 season the league had been won by 3 different clubs for the last 16 seasons. The previous 7 seasons were dominated all Man Utd and Chelsea. The 9 before that all Man Utd and Arsenal.

When City win it this year it'll be 3 different title winners in 3 seasons.

We also haven't had the same top 4 finishing top 4 in consecutive seasons since the 10/11 11/12 seasons. Before 2010 we had the same top 4 for 4 seasons running at one point.

That good enough for you ? ;)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Ffs. Nobody is allowed to make an observation with you.

Where's the evidence that tv money has fucked the game?

You've argued your point, then complained about me arguing mine, then continued to argue your point in the next sentence...

On the cans early or just hungover? :razz:  

I think Leicester are an anomaly that we might see once every thirty years.  Don't see a correlation between their spending and winning the league.  Something something Danny Simpson.

My contention is that odds like those we saw yesterday should be reserved for shite leagues like Scotland or Belgium.  We were given a 4.5% chance of winning (and later 3%) and I honestly looked at it and wasn't sure there was value in it.

Maybe it's rose-tinted glasses but I feel like we grew up having a reasonable chance of anyone beating anyone (and certainly drawing) on a given day.  Even if that was only 20%.

I'll watch every match out of duty (thanks to all that money tbf) but honestly, you have to wonder why we bother against the top 5(?) at this point.

That's why I feel the game is being ruined.