Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

42 minutes ago, rogerbarton said:

His sense of humour is almost as bad as he will be a football manager.

While I agree it's basically just shit patter / banter or whatever I find it funny how it was ok for him to be 'sexist' previously.

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

While I agree it's basically just shit patter / banter or whatever I find it funny how it was ok for him to be 'sexist' previously.

Oh it's undoubtedly also offensive, but I just feel the severity of its unfunniness brings that home harder.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye :lol: that joke is only not cool because he is the england womens manager now.

21 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Aye :lol: that joke is only not cool because he is the england womens manager now.

It's mad, isn't it? It's not like he wasn't in the public eye before the appointment.

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

A couple of absolute jaffas in there. His close control was different class. That famous one for Holland near the end in the World Cup and the way he turned dabizas inside out. 

Given that Peter was 32-36 in his spell in the Premier League you can't say he was better than Bergkamp.  Maybe you can't at all and I'm biased but that's how good Bergkamp was.  I'd only put Henry and Shearer above him in the Premier League era.  He did more than Cantona.  There's an argument to this day about his goal at the toon in March 2002, if it was anyone else I'd say it was a fluke, but it's Bergkamp.....