Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

20 hours ago, acrossthepond said:

Ranking? I think Hodgson is the best of the lot but his time is nearly up, then Pulis, then the rest are much of a much. All of their careers are shot. Pulis on the other hand looks better in hindsight after the abomination that has been Pardew's time at WBA, so he's in good standing for another PL job - I think Moyes will end up in the Championship after his time at West Ham comes to an end, same with Hughes. Fat Sam continues to get PL jobs despite being a self-obsessed bullshit artist, so I expect him to resurface the next time an "established" PL club is starting to slip, perhaps Swansea after Carvalhal's luck starts to go sour around November next season. 

Short term contracts are perfect for Hippo Heed.I understand he signed an 18 month contract at Everton and if they get rid in the summer,they have to pay up his contract.Another £5m to the fat bastard and a job as a pundit in Russia.

While the thought of seeing him pocket yet another payoff is horrible, it would comfortably be the best bit of business Everton have done recently 

Sky says 40-year-old Carragher, a Sky Sports pundit, will "get the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again

wtf does that involve? spit counselling? :lol:

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Sky says 40-year-old Carragher, a Sky Sports pundit, will "get the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again

wtf does that involve? spit counselling? :lol:

tape-shut-picture-id172860443

From a Newcastle point of view, it’s no bad thing. You’re on a hiding to nothing playing for England with our snidey press.

I think Lascelles has been omitted as Southgate has stated that he likes ball playing centre halves (which is why he doesn’t pick Smalling). However, you still need an organiser and I don’t see anyone in that squad as good as that as Lascelles.

I think Shelvey misses out due to his reputation and he does blow hot and cold. That said, there’s nobody in that squad with his range of passing. Fucks knows why we need Dier, Henderson, and Livermore. Drop one of those as Shelvey would be a much better option off the bench.

Anyway, international friendlies are fucking awful at the best of times so I certainly won’t be watching these two matches.

Not surprised Shelvey & Lascelles were not included in the England squad.  Albeit they have on occasion put in sterling performances, I've never thought they looked England quality. Of the two I would have gone for Lascelles because of steady performances, Shelvey's been up & down like a yo-yo lacking consistency.

I feel bad for Lascelles as I feel his season deserved a spot but as others have said I think it suits us.

The World Cup will be awful for England tbh, with Russia basically coming out saying they can’t guarantee the safety of English fans I don’t see the players having a whole lot of freedom during the tournament. Agree with Billy that the press will also hammer the team. It’s also a chance for players from other clubs to get into Lascelles head and possibly unsettle him. 

46 minutes ago, adios said:

I think you might need to reassess "England quality".

Perhaps I should have said 'desired England team calibre'.:razz:

Edited by Noelie
  • Like 1

Reckon Wilshere is canny mint but his attitude is shocking. In the League Cup final, he was whinging every 30 seconds because his team were getting bummed, culminating in him sarcastically clapping the ref which, in a World Cup, would see the dopey bastard given a booking (he already had one in the final). As for Lascelles, I'm not quite sure how he's any worse than Maguire and Mawson tbh and as said, is able to muck in and battle when things are hitting the fan, which they will for England. Maguire is decent at attacking set pieces but better than Lascelles? Not sure.

As for Shelvey, it's definitely his attitude that's keeping him out. Southgate will always take Livermore because he trusts him to graft tbh. That's all his central midfield is going to be; hard work, trying to pinch the ball before knocking it wide i.e. the same boring, one paced, mediocre shite we've had for years now. How they can't see the value in Shelvey clipping balls over the top for Vardy to run on to in the dying stages is beyond me. A basic football option but one that could clearly work.

As for Gomez :lol: Alexander-Arnold is in the U21s and he's been starting in front of him. Lewis Cook is in there as well because he's been linked to Liverpool. Only reason I can think of.

Does anyone get any pleasure from watching England anymore? I can’t stand half the players, the officials, the media and the hype surrounding them. I completely understand why the Scottish, Irish and Welsh enjoy watching us exit major tournaments in increasingly hilarious fashion.