Generic small time football blather thread FOREVER

Sonatine

https://www.givemesport.com/1264119-what-david-bentley-is-up-to-now-after-retiring-from-football-in-2014-aged-29?autoplay=on&utm_source=outbrain-rss&utm_medium=outbrain-rss&utm_campaign=outbrain-rss&utm_term=000733af402cd8ccd5984058588e6f2952

"I can see that (comparison)," former England boss Steve McClaren said when asked about the comparisons between Bentley and Beckham in May 2007. "His right foot is pretty similar to David's. He's got a great touch, great feel on the ball, and he can deliver that pass.

:lol:

McClaren you cock

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Good piece on Laurent Robert and his time here from These Football Times:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/05/14/the-chaotic-charm-of-newcastle-cult-hero-laurent-robert/

Except with Sir Bobby. For whatever reason, something just clicked for Laurent Robert in the north-east. Sir Bobby Robson was somehow able to coax the best out of him. It was a passionate and tumultuous affair, but it produced moments of enduring wonder.

Enjoyed that, nice one.

nice read. interesting to note that he never really did anything after leaving us. highlights how bobby was a bit like keegan - he had a knack of getting the best out of flair players. robert could frustrate, but what a talent he was and robson knew it.

i remember the year he signed, i think it was the same year bellas joined, and for once we absolutely flew out of the blocks. there was that feeling of genuine excitement like there hadn't been since the keegan days, and probably since then, that this was a team that could achieve something - we ended up top at christmas and finished the season 4th. good times

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

nice read. interesting to note that he never really did anything after leaving us. highlights how bobby was a bit like keegan - he had a knack of getting the best out of flair players. robert could frustrate, but what a talent he was and robson knew it.

i remember the year he signed, i think it was the same year bellas joined, and for once we absolutely flew out of the blocks. there was that feeling of genuine excitement like there hadn't been since the keegan days, and probably since then, that this was a team that could achieve something - we ended up top at christmas and finished the season 4th. good times

Domi and Bernard left and didn't really shine anywhere.Maybe not so much Goma  when he moved to Fulham.Then we had Guivarch ffs.

17 hours ago, Alex said:

Good piece on Laurent Robert and his time here from These Football Times:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/05/14/the-chaotic-charm-of-newcastle-cult-hero-laurent-robert/

He was mint. That game against Spurs (4-0), he was unbelievably good. Scored two absolute screamers, terrorised their right back all game and laid on two goals for Shearer. Shearer still got man of the match in the stadium though. 

• Like 1